shape
carat
color
clarity

Review of Bridalgown.net

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
This post is for anyone out there in the WWW who has googled bridalgown.net and is considering purchasing a gown from www.bridalgown.net

This is my experience with my gown that i purchased in June 2009, that was due to arrive in November 2009 and finally arrived halfway through February 2010. (i was married March 12 210)

When deciding on my gown i emailed a few times to ask questions about buying the gown online (i am in Australia) and all my emails were met with quick prompt replies. I made my purchase and the transaction was smooth. I recieved my eta date for my dress. When that date passed i emailed to ask if it had arrived in store, I was tolld that it had not, that eta''s were estimates and that dresses were arriving daily so i shouldn''t be worrried about it.

A month passed so i decided to email again. It was nearing christmas and i was hoping to have my dress in time for the christmas break so i could get alterations organised. I recieved another reply telling me that the supplier had believed the dress had arrived to them, but they had not yet recieved the dress and that they would let me know when they heard anything.

My subsequent emails about their lack of apparent action were met me sour replies with no appologies. They were ''doing everything they can'' and ''these things take time''. But if they couldn''t find it, what other dress would i be happy with as a replacement?
I increased my search to include other sizes of my original dress as well as being open to other options of other styles of dresses.
She tried to sell me a different gown at a ''discount'' which turned out to be a cheaper dress than my first so it wasn''t really a discount.

She avoided my emails and it wasn''t until i started phoning and leaving messages was when she started relying. Something i shouldn''t have had to do, phone from Australia to New York.

My original dress was delared lost and my only option was to find a replacement. Over the course of about 1.5 months she offered me countless different styles of dresses, none of which i was happy with. We agreed on a cut off date for when she would refund my money and i would find a dress locally. I had my heart set on my original dress and i wanted to hold out for as long as possible.

Now as my cutoff date drew closer I noticed that the dress i originally bought for $839 was now listed at $1044 on her website. I ended up telling her that i wasn''t interested in any other dresses and that if she couldn''t find the dress i originally in the next couple of weeks that i would be getting my money back.

2 days before my cutoff (1month before my wedding) she emailed to let me know that we were ''all set'' and that she had located a dress in the EXACT SAME STYLE SIZE AND COLOUR that i had originally ordered. (dodgy??)

The dress eventually arrived and it had pulls in the chiffon and there were a few crystals missing, i emailed to ask if she could source some more and i never heard back from her.

Yes i got the dress i wanted in the end but it definately wasnt without it''s hassles. The customer service was appauling and i never once was appologised to or made to feel like everything was going to work out. They were very off hand about the whole thing, which made me feel like they had the dress there all along, and they were trying to give me a cheaper one so they could sell my dress to someone else for the higher price that it was now listed at.

I am not saying dont buy a dress from them.. i got my dress and it was beautiful, BUT i want other people out there who might be considering this company to at least be aware of what they are really like.

This is a thread i created in the height of the drama...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wedding-dress-is-missing.131928/

The time frame that this all happened over was over 2 months. 2 months is a LONG time to be in limbo over a wedding dress, especially when i finally had the dress in my hands only a month before my wedding date.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks HOT for coming back to write this up. Hopefully anyone considering ordering from them will read this.

I had followed her dress saga thread, and am glad that it finally all worked out for you. But the store could have been more sympathetic to you, and apologized for all the troubles at the very least!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results