shape
carat
color
clarity

Review and pictures of my GoG 1.8ct Ideal Round Brilliant

nukezero

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone

I just purchased an engagement ring from GoG and would like to share some of my personal pictures. Hopefully, this might help someone who's recently looking. Administrator's, if this is in the wrong section, you may move it. However, I am thinking that this post isn't so much about "showing the bling". Part of the reason is because, I want to show my ring under several lighting conditions to assist other potential buyers in making their decision to purchase the right stone.

One of the aspects that I wish a lot of diamond jewelers had is to show pictures of a stone under multiple everyday lighting scenario's and not using fancy smancy artificial lighting. The three most common lighting to me are: compact fluorescent light bulbs in a lamp(diffused lighting), soft white recessed lighting (2700Kelvin of light temperature), and outside overcast lighting (cloudy morning). Also for kicks, I threw in a typical flashlight lighting, Cree XML-T6 LED torch lighting. :angel:

The diamond I purchased is a 2014 GIA-certified 1.80 carat, J color, SI1 eye clean, gog premium ideal cut, faint fluorescence, with a HCA score of 1.4.

The second smaller 3-stone diamond ring is my girlfriend's ring that her parents gave her. Based on my micrometer, I estimate it to be 0.26 carat and a G or H color. It is definitely atleast 2 color grades higher. I am not sure about the cut or inclusion but it is certainly not ideal and most likely a SI3 or I1 because it is a little cloudy. Also, it didn't cost that much.

My interior house walls is a dark gray colour. So expect the light to refract that color. Also, all pictures are taken with NO flash, using a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. The photos are not edited and they are raw as they come straight off the camera phone. So don't worry, I did not enhance anything! And these are taken on my fingers. The rings are size 3.5.

As you will all come to find out, the color of the diamond behaves differently and at no time did I believe the J was "yellow" or producing a hint of "yellow". I think the diamond was doing a very darn good job of reflecting the color of the light it was given, whether it was diffused warm yellow light, overcast white light, or reflected wall light.

Let's get started below.

Pictures taken under 2700K Interior Recessed Lighting (10 watt LED) - dark gray interior wall colour

Continued on the next post....

_23259.jpg

_23260.jpg

_23261.jpg

_23262.jpg

nukezero

Rough_Rock
Re: Review and pictures of my GoG 1.8ct Ideal Round Brillian

The next category is the:

Pictures taken under diffused lighting/lamp - 3 compact fluorescent bulbs - same interior dark gray wall colour

What's interesting to me is that the pictures may not show this, but realistically to me, the diamond colors are actually facing up the same! However, as I will show you below, the smaller diamond in the other ring is actually atleast 2-3 color grades higher. But under diffused lighting, they are showing the same face-up color. But back in the led recessed lighting, they were facing up a little differently.

Continued to next post...

_23265.jpg

_23266.jpg

_23263.jpg

_23264.jpg

nukezero

Rough_Rock

Pictures taken under Cree XML T6 LED Torch Flashlight

This one is just a screw-around. I wanted to see what the diamonds do when subjected to intense bright white LED light. It's interesting to see that, the diamond begin to express their clarity. The larger 1.8ct J begins to give off a "glassy" effect like it is clear and clean. The smaller 0.26 diamond does not express this, due to the cloudier inclusion, but gives off a milkier white shade.

Continued in the next post...

_23267.jpg

20141013_004601__copy_.jpg

nukezero

Rough_Rock

Last but not least this is my favorite lighting condition

The pictures do not show it as it seems, but when it is outside reflecting overcast light, the diamond is ABSOLUTELY white...like CLEAR WHITE. There is NO hint of yellow. I am VERY pleased with this J color stone and glad I didn't pay thousands more for higher color grade and instead put the money towards carat and cut.

Cloudy Overcast 9:30AM Orange County, CA

_23269.jpg

_23270.jpg

_23271.jpg

_23272.jpg

nukezero

Rough_Rock

The birchbox from GoG is shown here. Very good looking box.

_23273.jpg

Cbtw

Rough_Rock

Holy cow, I don't know whether I love your diamond or your fantastic breakout of how it performs in different lighting conditions better! This is very helpful to me, thanks for posting and congrats on a such lovely find.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

nukezero|1413416355|3767656 said:
The birchbox from GoG is shown here. Very good looking box.

Can we see your puppy in various lighting conditions too?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

very cool, looks like a gorgeous ring

and that puppy. OMG, I die.

Diamond2014

Rough_Rock

What is your Depth %, Table %, Crown Angle, and Pavilion Angle?
I haven't receive mine, just anxious if it'll look like yours :dance:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great pictures of a J stone under different lighting!

The ring is beautiful! I love the setting you picked!!!

nukezero

Rough_Rock

The sparkle and fire is great. You guys can see the video of my diamond here that GoG made for me at their store:

My diamond is on the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CpjsnQlU9s

Also, the specs of my diamond are: 56, 34, 41, 62

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful ring. And fun pics!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful ring and setting, well done! :clap:

TitanCi