carat
color
clarity

Reveal.. second upgrade OEC diamomd

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
The stone face up is 10.21 x 10.28 and my finger is size 3 :mrgreen2:

it is like a chameleon the way it changes colors under different lighting

I was a little nervous purchasing online especially given OWD don’t ASET their stones but Adam really delivered. Strongly recommend OWD

You US PSers are so lucky with the choice of vendors for pretty bling image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone face up is 10.21 x 10.28 and my finger is size 3 :mrgreen2:

it is like a chameleon the way it changes colors under different lighting

I was a little nervous purchasing online especially given OWD don’t ASET their stones but Adam really delivered. Strongly recommend OWD

You US PSers are so lucky with the choice of vendors for pretty bling image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A 4.5 carat on a 3 finger!! Love that the carat size is bigger than your ring size! :lol: Double congrats to you! Just doing the math. That means I need a 6.75 carat diamond.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your beautiful ring!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 4.5 carat on a 3 finger!! Love that the carat size is bigger than your ring size! :lol: Double congrats to you! Just doing the math. That means I need a 6.75 carat diamond.
Criminy, I'll need an 10.5 carat diamond to get that proportion for my 7 finger :lol-2:

@Sexypiggy your OEC is just glorious. I love the faceting and that setting cradles it beautifully. Feel free to share loads more pictures especially outside under trees - I bet the colours and pastels coming off that boulder are next-level!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I 2nd the call for more pics!!
Congrats on your beautiful new OEC! Welcome to the old cut club! ;-)

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
that's a large and beautiful diamond ring. it looks positively enormous on your smaller hands and slim fingers. i love that you have such good taste and set it in an elegant solitaire. may the big generous faceting delight you, to no end! congratulations on a gorgeous ring

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is stunning! And gigantic! I just love those facets. What an amazing upgrade.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Such a gorgeous stone and ring! Looks perfect on you!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Statement size for sure!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new ring! Congratulations!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Perfect setting and looks great on your hand.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful. It looks enormous on your finger in just the right way. So classy

L

lydial

That is beautiful! Do you know what the age or provenance of the stone is?

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful! Do you know what the age or provenance of the stone is?

I have no idea! I like to imagine it was once on the finger of some very elegant and classy lady.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a find! Are you planning to sell your 2 carat? Also, are you in Canada?

Last edited:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I feel this is the visual representation of "Go big or go home!" - diamond edition.

What a knockout, congratulations on your new upgrade, and thank you for sharing pictures of your lovely ring for the rest of us to admire. :kiss2:

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a find! Are you planning to sell your 2 carat? Also, are you in Canada?

I’m in Australia! I will still wear the 2 carat one. Hoping to trade it in for a MRB upgrade one day.. hubby will have a heart attack if he hears this now tho :lol::lol:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Of wow that’s HUGE. I love old cuts too, once you start down that path it is hard to stop because they have such personality!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,

I’ve been a lurker on this forum for years and years but never really say much. I love diamonds and have learnt so much from the posts here as well as Been a silent admirer of all the lovely jewellery.

I tend not to talk too much to my real life friends about this stuff as I don’t want to be seen as showing off.

Since I have learned soo much from the reveal threads in this forum I thought I would make one for my new ring. Hopefully it can give someone else a point of reference too.

The backstory (kinda useless and beside the point but I looove reading everyone else’s so please skip to the end if it bores you :p)

My hubby initialled proposed with a 0.9 carat Tiffany F VVS1 diamond in 2014. We were both swayed by their marketing and the SA claims that all tiffany diamonds are fabulous and that high color and clarity were all that mattered. Once I got the ring however I realised I looked very dull, and it looked even smaller than my friends 0.8 carat! That was when I stumbled across this forum and realised that my poor hubby had spent his savings on a “steep deep” diamond. We went back to Tiffany and they allowed me to exchange the ring for a 1.02 H VS2 with much better proportions.

In 2017, after the birth of my first child we upgraded my ring to a 2 carat one. As I am not color sensitive I decided to sacrifice color to get a bigger stone. The local jeweller we used was shocked at my request for an I or J color. They initially found a G color SI2 that fit within the cut parameters I wanted but there was a huge feather on the diamond that I hated (the jewellers definition of “eye clean” was NOT the same as mine). After a few days they found an I VS1 and I quickly snapped it up. I thought this would be the end of my diamond upgrade journey as 2 carats seemed HUUGE to me at the time.

Fast forward to 2020 and the birth of our second child. DSS got the better of me and I started to hunt for a 3 carat upgrade. Initially I was looking at white flash ACA however I began researching old cuts and I fell in love. I contacted Adam from OWD. Initially I was looking for an OEC around 3 carats that faced up around 9mm but somehow I ended up with this ring with my darling hubby’s blessing.

OEC

GIA OP VS2

I LOVE HER. ThAnks for letting me share

EA868C0C-4070-4C9C-936C-0B43A4952512.jpeg EA868C0C-4070-4C9C-936C-0B43A4952512.jpeg 8BF2967C-033C-469B-9D61-62AC195CFD8C.jpeg

WOW! Just WOW!! Congrats!!!

SolitaireQueen

Rough_Rock
So so beautiful! I live in Melbourne and feel a bit odd wearing my 2.5ct as the average here is around 1ct or less. I only take out my larger solitaire for big events. Do you wear this beauty everyday, to work & around town? I hope you do, it’s simply too glorious not to!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful OEC. The facets are just perfect and the size is HHHUUUUUGGGEE, but it would be a knock out even if it were half that size. It looks perfect on your finger!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and a great story. I am so glad you were able to keep your MRB, it's nice to be able to change it out if you want too. Your new ring is fantastic and I am so envious of your teeny tiny fingers that make your diamond look ginormous. So happy for you!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol, we'll keep the MRB upgrade on the DL until later. I love OEC's and yours is magnificent!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results