shape
carat
color
clarity

Reveal.. second upgrade OEC diamomd

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,

I’ve been a lurker on this forum for years and years but never really say much. I love diamonds and have learnt so much from the posts here as well as Been a silent admirer of all the lovely jewellery.

I tend not to talk too much to my real life friends about this stuff as I don’t want to be seen as showing off.

Since I have learned soo much from the reveal threads in this forum I thought I would make one for my new ring. Hopefully it can give someone else a point of reference too.

The backstory (kinda useless and beside the point but I looove reading everyone else’s so please skip to the end if it bores you :p)

My hubby initialled proposed with a 0.9 carat Tiffany F VVS1 diamond in 2014. We were both swayed by their marketing and the SA claims that all tiffany diamonds are fabulous and that high color and clarity were all that mattered. Once I got the ring however I realised I looked very dull, and it looked even smaller than my friends 0.8 carat! That was when I stumbled across this forum and realised that my poor hubby had spent his savings on a “steep deep” diamond. We went back to Tiffany and they allowed me to exchange the ring for a 1.02 H VS2 with much better proportions.

In 2017, after the birth of my first child we upgraded my ring to a 2 carat one. As I am not color sensitive I decided to sacrifice color to get a bigger stone. The local jeweller we used was shocked at my request for an I or J color. They initially found a G color SI2 that fit within the cut parameters I wanted but there was a huge feather on the diamond that I hated (the jewellers definition of “eye clean” was NOT the same as mine). After a few days they found an I VS1 and I quickly snapped it up. I thought this would be the end of my diamond upgrade journey as 2 carats seemed HUUGE to me at the time.

Fast forward to 2020 and the birth of our second child. DSS got the better of me and I started to hunt for a 3 carat upgrade. Initially I was looking at white flash ACA however I began researching old cuts and I fell in love. I contacted Adam from OWD. Initially I was looking for an OEC around 3 carats that faced up around 9mm but somehow I ended up with this ring with my darling hubby’s blessing.

OEC

GIA OP VS2

I LOVE HER. ThAnks for letting me share

EA868C0C-4070-4C9C-936C-0B43A4952512.jpeg EA868C0C-4070-4C9C-936C-0B43A4952512.jpeg 8BF2967C-033C-469B-9D61-62AC195CFD8C.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! It's stunning and amazing and HUMONGOUS! What is the ctw on that baby?? :kiss2:

And congrats on your new bubba!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!! Love the floral patterns of the facets...

HGar

Shiny_Rock
:-o Wow that is humongously gorgeous.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m a sucker for a pretty OEC and in that size?? Amazing!! Congrats on the new ring and the new baby!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS and out of the world of lurking! Please feel free to join us anytime!

Wow - you really did upgrade! Very pretty and very large - the upgrade itch should be gone now!

Enjoy your new ring and you know we love pictures so anytime you want to share some new ones with us - please do!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful! Besides being huge, that facet pattern is so pretty! Congratulations!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Utterly gorgeous, I love the uniqueness of each OEC, they have such personality.

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone
It was looking through other people’s posts of their antique stones (my fav is justginger’s poppy) that made me dare to take the plunge

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. I love a good back story! It shows that you don't need a big ring initially lol and upgrades can be negotiated. I love that honker of a new ring that you've got! I can see why you can't talk to normal people about this lol. Enjoy your new ring and wear it in good health.

P.s. just noticed that you're an aussie too! Yay for us getting more antique cuts. Lol wonder if we could ever go an aussie GTG haha.

Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is an amazing upgrade! I love the shot next to your mrb it really highlights the difference!
Enjoy your babies & new bling!

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. I love a good back story! It shows that you don't need a big ring initially lol and upgrades can be negotiated. I love that honker of a new ring that you've got! I can see why you can't talk to normal people about this lol. Enjoy your new ring and wear it in good health.

P.s. just noticed that you're an aussie too! Yay for us getting more antique cuts. Lol wonder if we could ever go an aussie GTG haha.

Yes I’m an Aussie! Our local selection is pitiful isn’t it I went to a pretty well known antique jewelry store and they wouldn’t even give me the time of the day when I asked for 3 carat diamonds in stock. Maybe because I dress super casually ‍♀️
Oo a meet up would be great. We can ogle the bling without judgement lol

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
Now that is an amazing upgrade! I love the shot next to your mrb it really highlights the difference!
Enjoy your babies & new bling!

Thanks! Its something I would have really liked to see in the process of ring shopping. Hoping it might help another lurker haha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade. Chunkalicious ❤️
Wear in good health and blingy joy.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! My OEC is also an OP VS2, but much daintier than yours at 3.63ct;-)

Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! Love OECs!

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know how to reply to everyone at once but thanks so much . It feels so good to be able to show this stuff here without being judged.
I’m going to practise taking better pictures.. my pics are not doing the diamond justice

sunnyside74

Shiny_Rock
OMG! What a lovely ring and stone! Thank you for sharing! Welcome to PS and post many more pictures!

For size/finger perspective- what size ring are you and if you don’t mind disclosing - what is the face up size for the diamond - I LOVE the coverage it gives you!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, really looks like an amazing stone!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
The facets are amazing. Sooooo beautiful!!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W:kiss2:W!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a beautiful blingy OEC. Yes, they are so magical aren't they? And yes, PS is not the place for judgment for bling size. :lol: What is your finger size, if I can ask?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I’m an Aussie! Our local selection is pitiful isn’t it I went to a pretty well known antique jewelry store and they wouldn’t even give me the time of the day when I asked for 3 carat diamonds in stock. Maybe because I dress super casually ‍♀️
Oo a meet up would be great. We can ogle the bling without judgement lol

Oh tell me about it. The selection is scarce, over priced and fugly lol I was looking on sites like Rutherford's etc and they weren't great. I wonder if that's why people here aren't into antique cuts because they've only ever seen bad ones?

Hahaha yes when borders reopen everywhere we should do an Aussie GTG. I think there's enough of us on here. I have a modest collection but I don't mind drooling over other member's pieces lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results