shape
carat
color
clarity

Returning set stones (Whiteflash, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VetteVert

Rough_Rock
I have contacted bluenile about their return policy and received an immediate response that left me comfortable that I could return my set stone/ring withing 30 days for *any* reason for 100% reimbursement. I have since found PS and learned that BN may not be the best option for me...

I would like personal experience with the return policy of Whiteflash and others if you have it.

I'm just scared to death that I will receive something so expensive and important and not be happy with it. In a store you "know" what you are getting, but I'm looking for a level of cut that simply isn't available locally.

Thanks ahead of time!!

^edit^
removed misrepresentative information
^/edit^

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
your email sounds engineered to me. while thats great if BN does that.........so go with them. I am not sure ow thrilled I would be to take back a stone that has been mounted if i was a vendor UNLESS I was doing the setting of the stone in a stock ring from my place of business

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Do you really think the stone will look so different once it''s set? If you are in love with a loose diamond, and you choose a setting you love, there should be no surprises when the two are put together.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
on their website it says WF will give you a 100% refund w/in 10 days for any reaston. If you have it set by them or elsewhere don''t like it, take it out and send it back within 10 days looks like you''d be fine. They also have a lifetime tradeup so you could always trade it back at anytime for something bigger
31.gif
Bluenile does have a very consumer friendly return policy and it is a plus for their company IMO. It''s is also Christmas Season and most vendors are swamped with emails and phone calls this time of year. If you need an answer right away call them
1.gif

VetteVert

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure what you mean here, but it sounds like you are taking a stab at me
33.gif

I''m simply posting my experiece. After reading more here, I like the additional data posted by WF so that is why I was looking at them instead of BN. I tried to convey my understanding for something other than instant feedback, and I do understand how it must be this time of year....THAT is why I asked here!

Also, maybe I wasn''t clear enough about my concerns.

I want to buy a stone and have it set by the same company.

I want a 1.0 ct. in their inventory set in their 6 prong wide (3mm) tiffany setting.

I just want to know that if I receive it (not seeing either the stone or ring in person beforehand) and don''t like it, can I return it for 100% refund.

This doesn''t seem unreasonable to me at all! If they are not confident enough in thier stone&setting to guarantee it, I''m not confident enough to give them my $$$.

Date: 12/8/2005 8:29:03 AM
Author: windowshopper
your email sounds engineered to me. while thats great if BN does that.........so go with them. I am not sure ow thrilled I would be to take back a stone that has been mounted if i was a vendor UNLESS I was doing the setting of the stone in a stock ring from my place of business

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should view the diamond first, before it is set (or better yet, before you purchase). This may take care of any concern.

00dmn

Rough_Rock
If the diamond is bought from Whiteflash and they set it in one of their stock settings, you can get a full refund for both the diamond and setting for up to 10 days. If the setting is custom or partially custom, that''s a different story. You will get a 100% refund on the diamond, but you will have to eat some if not all of the cost on the setting. Here''s the blurb from their website:

# We offer 100% money back guarantee on all diamonds and standard settings and 80% on all designer and semi-custom rings returned in its original condition with RAN less original shipping.
# All custom work and special orders cannot be returned for a refund unless there is an error by Whiteflash . All shipping charges are refunded when there is an error by Whiteflash.

VetteVert

Rough_Rock
How would I do this? They are in Texas.

Date: 12/8/2005 9:24:23 AM
Author: jazmine
Maybe you should view the diamond first, before it is set (or better yet, before you purchase). This may take care of any concern.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
WF will send the diamond to an indepedent appraiser of your choice. You can locate a recommended appraiser in your area by clicking on 'Resources' above, and then 'appraisers.' You need not buy the stone first. If you choose not to purchase the diamond after looking at it, you may have to pay for the shipping however.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vettevert,

Whiteflash''s refund policy is pretty clear on their website. There may be a restocking fee on the setting but if you return it w/in 10 days, sounds like it''s a full refund to me. None of us work for WF so the best thing to do is call them.

VetteVert

Rough_Rock
So since the setting I referred to above is in their setting list, it is a "stock" setting. Correct? Just don''t want any surprises.

I''ve read and read and read to attempt to get the absolute best that I can afford and will make her happy. I fully expect to be amazed when I open the package. It''s just the overly paranoid (and anal :p) side of me has to consider the other side things, even if the probability is extremely low....

Date: 12/8/2005 9:29:44 AM
Author: mrzabka
If the diamond is bought from Whiteflash and they set it in one of their stock settings, you can get a full refund for both the diamond and setting for up to 10 days. If the setting is custom or partially custom, that''s a different story. You will get a 100% refund on the diamond, but you will have to eat some if not all of the cost on the setting. Here''s the blurb from their website:

# We offer 100% money back guarantee on all diamonds and standard settings and 80% on all designer and semi-custom rings returned in its original condition with RAN less original shipping.

# All custom work and special orders cannot be returned for a refund unless there is an error by Whiteflash . All shipping charges are refunded when there is an error by Whiteflash.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I would pick up the phone and call WF. There''s no better resource than calling the company and talking to them directly. I phoned just 2 days ago and was connected with a sales consultant (Denise Newberg) immediately.

I previously purchased diamond earrings from them. When I got them I realized the diamonds were too small and I returned them. I received 100% refund on the diamonds and 80% on the settings (because they made them, they weren''t stock). I had to pay the shipping both ways.

Their website clearly says 100% refund on a stock setting.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great advice portoar. Hey it''s a toll free call. The reps at WF will put your mind at ease, I''m sure. Good lucl!!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Vettevert,
I totally understand your trepidition, I am in the same boat. I see some excellent deals but I am just A. So very afraid I won''t like it once I see it in person. IMO you can''t "see" a lot of the diamonds online. You can view thier scope reports and sometimes the diamond, but it''s always all up close. Some places just give you a sample image! B. I have terrible luck and I would be just waiting for shipping drama.

However a lot of people on here seem more than happy with what they''ve purchased from WF and that has to count for something!

How are you planning to pay for this? I liked the customer service from WF. I put in a quote request and I had two very informative e mails right away from them, as well as a follow up to make sure I had gotten them. I was very impressed. I *think* I could be wrong that if you pay it all at once then yes, I think it''s a 100% refund. They also have a 3 month sort of layaway, where you put 20% down and then pay it off in 3 months, I believe if you don''t like what you got you could exchange and use the full amount you paid in that...but if you decide you don''t want it or anything from them at all after you recieve the diamond then they keep your 20% you put down and of course any shipping fees.

VetteVert

Rough_Rock
Thanks for understanding my situation. It is good to know I am not alone!

Also thanks for the personal testimonial about the WhiteFlash return.

Payment will be in full. By Credit Card unless I get a better wire transfer price.

I will attempt to nail down my stone choice (narrowed it down to a few...I may make another post about that) and then give them a call.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 8:19:01 AM
Author:VetteVert

I have contacted bluenile about their return policy and received an immediate response that left me comfortable that I could return my set stone/ring withing 30 days for *any* reason for 100% reimbursement. I have since found PS and encountered the BN hate on the boards...

I am looking elsewhere (pointed to by the cut search). I sent an email to Whiteflash with similar concerns about the return policy (specifically, if I have a stone set in a ring and don''t like it...will I get 100% money back). I received the auto reply immediately, but the reply w/in 24 hours hasn''t come (into day 3 now). I assume this is simply because it isn''t as large of a company as BN.

I would like personal experience with the return policy of Whiteflash and others if you have it.

I''m just scared to death that I will receive something so expensive and important and not be happy with it. In a store you ''know'' what you are getting, but I''m looking for a level of cut that simply isn''t available locally.

Thanks ahead of time!!
VetteVert,

Hi. We can''t find this email.
7.gif
Your question may have been answered in this thread, but if you don''t mind sending me a PM with your email address we would like to try and find out if the request came to us, and what happened.
1.gif

Thank you,

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
BN hate ?

On PS? or other boards???

I think BN is a good company - - - much, much, better than the mall stores - but everything is relative - and compared to the top notch companies often mentioned (WF, GOG, Wink, etc) a bit more expensive, less informative, and less custom.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 2:02:12 PM
Author: Bertrand
BN hate ?

On PS? or other boards???

I think BN is a good company - - - much, much, better than the mall stores - but everything is relative - and compared to the top notch companies often mentioned (WF, GOG, Wink, etc) a bit more expensive, less informative, and less custom.
Agree with Bertrand.....I don't see any *hate* here, either.

Yes, they *are* a bit more expensive. Yes, they are less informative and less custom. I find their signature ideals include stones that wouldn't qualify as AGS0 stones.

But pointing out such *information* is just stating facts/perceptions.....it's not hate, for goodness' sake.
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 9:50:58 AM
Author: portoar

I would pick up the phone and call WF. There's no better resource than calling the company and talking to them directly. I phoned just 2 days ago and was connected with a sales consultant (Denise Newberg) immediately
THANK YOU.

Vette, you sent an email to them. They didn't respond. Just out of curiousity, what makes more sense? Coming on here and posting and taking the time ask a question of consumers and then haggling over responses, OR calling them up on their 800 TOLL FREE number and asking the question of customer service??? Take advantage of the tools the vendor is offering you.

I can't stress enough how yes this board is great for help and assistance but seriously sometimes people have to be willing to help themselves first. That includes calling the vendor to ask a simple question like 'can you clarify your return policy for me'. If you can take the time to type it out and say it, you can use that time to call and ask it verbally.

There is no better answer than one straight from the horse's mouth!! Or yes you could also just read the website policy first and note where it clearly says that stock settings can be returned for 100% refund.
2.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
If it helps, I am expecting a new set of earrings from them either today (I hope!) or tomorrow and would be glad to give my feedback on the diamonds. They are a shade over .5 carat each (I think .521 and .523), G, VS2.

When I first saw them on the web site they only had sample images. I put them in my shopping cart and sent an email that I''d like to see photos and IS''s. I also asked them to look at them and make sure they were a good match, and if they had better matches fitting my specs to let me know. I got a response almost right way, they sent me pictures of the diamonds side by side, IS''s and the AGS reports were already up.

Even if a diamond on their site has only a sample image, they are more than happy to photograph the stone and send you the picture. They really couldn''t be easier to work with.

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Let me just add that I''m not in the BN hate club. I got my ring from BN and am very happy with it. If I was going with a custom ring, I think WF is a great choice and they do beautiful work, but I wanted the stock semi-bezel at BN so it worked fine for me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Blue nile is a fine company although I have found the same diamond cheaper on other sites like Diamondsonweb.com.
They have always returned my calls/emails promptly. You cannot beat a 30 day return policy either!!!!!

VetteVert

Rough_Rock
I'll just leave my foot in my mouth

Date: 12/8/2005 2:17:42 PM
Author: Mara
Date: 12/8/2005 9:50:58 AM

Author: portoar

I would pick up the phone and call WF. There's no better resource than calling the company and talking to them directly. I phoned just 2 days ago and was connected with a sales consultant (Denise Newberg) immediately

THANK YOU.

Vette, you sent an email to them. They didn't respond. Just out of curiousity, what makes more sense? Coming on here and posting and taking the time ask a question of consumers and then haggling over responses, OR calling them up on their 800 TOLL FREE number and asking the question of customer service??? Take advantage of the tools the vendor is offering you.

I can't stress enough how yes this board is great for help and assistance but seriously sometimes people have to be willing to help themselves first. That includes calling the vendor to ask a simple question like 'can you clarify your return policy for me'. If you can take the time to type it out and say it, you can use that time to call and ask it verbally.

There is no better answer than one straight from the horse's mouth!! Or yes you could also just read the website policy first and note where it clearly says that stock settings can be returned for 100% refund.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Easy does it. No one said you slammed WF. And I don''t recall any one in the past saying anything terrible about BN. I hope you get the info you want from WF and find a beautiful stone. Good luck!!!
2.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Whiteflash, I also like Blue Nile too.
As a positive story for Blue Nile, I gave my sister one of their diamond pendants. Months later (3,4?) my sister confessed that she never wears it, wasn''t her style, but didn''t tell me because didn''t want to hurt my feelings. I called Blue Nile and explained the situation. Though it was way past their return/exchange period they let her return it for an exchange. She got a watch that she loves. As far as which vendor I''d use, I think it would depend on what I was buying.

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
Just on a side note. Blue Nile is one of the few places (two total) that Chubb will directly insure a loose stone. For those who are paranoid or like to be cautious, it''s a pretty good option. When I tried to insure a loose stone prior to shipping it to Australia, no one would touch it.

http://www.bluenile.com/insurance.asp

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Whiteflash or most of the Pricescope vendors will send the unmounted stone to an authorized appraiser(they are listed at the top) in your area. You can view the stone, haveit appraised and then ship it back to them for setting or have the appraiser return it to them if you do not like it. At this point, you will only have to pay for the appraisal and shipping back to the vendor.
If there is no recognized appraiser in your area, you can have the stone shipped to David Atlas, Richard Sherman or any of the other highly reputable appraisers who post here and they will give you an independent appraisal of the stone. They can tell you about the appearance and value of the stone and handle the shipping for you.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
RE: Chubb Coverage

Blue Nile has a deal with Chubb, but then you are insuring with Chubb directly I like having an agent write the policy, becuase if there is any situations that arise, you have someone in your corner to help you.

With Blue Nile you don't get that.

Here's two agents that will write coverage for you. You should NOT be RESTRICTED from whom you have to buy from to get the Chubb insurance coverages.

Dave Stone/ Michael Sauer ( licensed in about 19 states)
1-800-463-6603
www.plastridge.com John from WF has worked with them as well and is very pleased wth them

and

Bill Castro ( licensed in all the states )
www.totaldollar.com
( his toll free number is posted on the website)

Both are exemplary people to insure your item with.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results