shape
carat
color
clarity

Returning a ring to the USA

Gem_rocks

Rough_Rock
Hello kind pricescopers!

I have potentially found a buyer for my beautiful ring. Only snag is I’m in the UK and they are in the US. I bought this ring in the USA through LAD and caysie did the setting. According to the US customs page, when returning American made goods there shouldn’t be duty incurred.

Has anyone actually successfully done this? I wouldn’t want to send something back and it get stuck in customs offices, and have to pay lots to release it?

Any tips much appreciated!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe they mean returning the purchase as in if you were returning to the vendor for a refund - NOT if you were selling it, which it sounds like you are. However usually the practice is the buyer would have to pay customs duties, and that's on them to look up and figure out if it's worth it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if duty applies to an individual selling something second hand or not.

The big question is how do you plan to insure and international package of value?

Gem_rocks

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure if duty applies to an individual selling something second hand or not.

The big question is how do you plan to insure and international package of value?

Not sure! I think it’d probably easier to fly it over myself!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results