shape
carat
color
clarity

Return Ebay Pearls to China

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strawbearlyjamms

Rough_Rock
Trade
Any idea how much it costs to return products to China from an e-bay auction?

I bought some "mid range" pearls from Pearllunar having bought some of her "low range" stuff, and it was even lower quality than the cheepie pearls. I was not satisfied with the luster, blemishes and roundness. I spent $50 for two strings of pearls, and they''re not as pretty as my $10 ones :-[ I cant tell if its worth it to return (then i''m out money with nothing to show for it), or keep them, and still be out money.

Such a dissapointment... I was hoping they''d be nice enough for my bridesmaids gifts, but I''d be slighly embarassed to give these as their gift... ;-/

Honestly, I wouldn''t bother. It''s pretty expensive.

Though, I had a problem with my order once with them and they refunded my money without having to send the item back, but I guess that is rare.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that''s really frustrating! I''m sorry you''re not happy with them. It''s probably not worth the money to send them back, but it would depend how much shipping would cost you.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
you should ask them if they have a stateside address for you to return the items. I know of a few ebay vendors who let you return things to a stateside address they have.

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
I bet the reason they refunded your purchase price Swedish Bean, was not to incur a negative ebay rating from you.

I know that many people have had good experience with Pearl Lunar here, so maybe it was a mistake from them. Maybe if you email to them and explain the problem you have and that you''re emailing them instead of negative feedback, that will make it easy for you to get your money back without spending more money to send the pearls to China.

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
Call ebay and go through their dispute procedure. They paid for my shipping.

I had the same thing happen with more expensive strands (over $300) from Pearllunar. The pics showed colors and surfaces different from what I received. Pearllunar offers a refund, but I think making you pay for shipping when they misrepresented the pearls is bs.

Good luck

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/14/2010 11:38:19 PM
Author: Kaori Oku
I bet the reason they refunded your purchase price Swedish Bean, was not to incur a negative ebay rating from you.

I know that many people have had good experience with Pearl Lunar here, so maybe it was a mistake from them. Maybe if you email to them and explain the problem you have and that you're emailing them instead of negative feedback, that will make it easy for you to get your money back without spending more money to send the pearls to China.
Ditto. I have a few stones and whatnot that wernt as described. I e-mailed the seller first and more likely then not, they say keep the stone and refund price and shipping. For ebay businesses, they would rather loose a few bucks then get negative feedback that can cost them hundreds or thousands of dollars. A not as described negitive feedback is a nail in the coffin for sellers.

Date: 4/14/2010 11:38:19 PM
Author: Kaori Oku

I know that many people have had good experience with Pearl Lunar here, so maybe it was a mistake from them. Maybe if you email to them and explain the problem you have and that you''re emailing them instead of negative feedback, that will make it easy for you to get your money back without spending more money to send the pearls to China.

Probably. But they wanted me to send it back first. For a $10 item. I complained and they finally gave in (the item they sent me was broken.. lol)

strawbearlyjamms

Rough_Rock
Trade
ok, so after hearing back from them, when I mentioned the cost of returning, she offered to refund part of the price. 2 strings purchased on a BIN for $50 with a refund of $20. Reasonable I guess. $15 a strand plus shipping costs.

My personal understanding of whether or not the items were "misrepresented" is hazy, (i.e., inconsistent and unregulated pearl grading standards) I asked why they weren''t as high quality as the 9.99 auction I bought previously, and she said that usually the quality is higher, (and that they usually "lose money" on those auctions for the sake of publicity) but that the quality of pearls changes from harvest to harvest and this year''s isn''t as good as previously.

I was really hoping for nice round/uniform shaped pearls (at the expense of minimal blemishes). Although most of the auctions don''t state "round" in the title this one did, it was marked in the auction as "off round" but the ratio of pearl size to hole to hole was the most "round" of any of their auctions (pearl size: 6.0~7.0mm, hole to hole: 6.0~6.5mm), and I was under the impression that it would be "round" despite conflicting wording. Maybe my own fault?

I guess I do recognize that it wasn''t grossly misrepresented or broken, just not to my standards. Maybe I''ll take a few pics tonight and see what you think?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Try Chuyun Jewelers if you''re looking for inexpensive round pearls. I''ve never bought from Pearllunar, but I have bought from Chuyun and was over the moon. My pearls came nicely packaged, with care instructions and a pearl cleaning cloth, and as round as my Freshadama strand from Pearl Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results