shape
carat
color
clarity

retail software

stephaniesaa

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have a retail store that does a bit over 1.5 million a year. I am looking to change the software for the store to have a better point of sale. Was wondering if anyone has a recommendation . I have heard that edge is a good choice, but seems very pricey.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, you understand this is a consumer diamond forum, right? That said, you might want to show up at Tucson next week. All of the sellers will have booths with presentations of what they're selling and how it works. There's no one-size-fits-all sort of answer here and it's a considerable investment both in terms of cash up front and overall commitment by the company. You'll need to train your employees, you're getting married to the upgrade program, it may even shape the way you do business (in fact hopefully it will. One of the points of this sort of thing is to give you tools to better manage the store). Don't go into this lightly and don't make the decision over a few hundred dollars of upfront price difference. It's a big deal.

Just my $0.02 worth of course.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome to Pricescope.

I have a business associate who recently purchased the Edge. She has spent at least 100 hours on it the past few months, learning the processes and getting things entered. When she is done it will be a powerful tool. Getting it done is a powerful pain! (That will be true no matter what software you buy.)

They have good customer support and live teleseminars that she has been attending also.

She demoed the take in and sales procedures to me, it seems pretty painless and I like that she can snap a quick picture of any item being taken in for repairs. That, to me, seems to be a powerful protection for the jeweler.

As Neil says, it is a big deal, be sure to research it carefully before making a decision.

Wink

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
denverappraiser|1453740434|3981173 said:
There's no one-size-fits-all sort of answer here ... Don't go into this lightly and don't make the decision over a few hundred dollars of upfront price difference. It's a big deal.

Just my $0.02 worth of course.

+1

Worth far more than the $.02 proffered !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results