shape
carat
color
clarity

Restocking Fee?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Hello All,

Has anyone heard or encountered of getting charge with restocking fee from an online vendor when you cancel an order?

Thanks in advance

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Yes & those are the ones I wont order from.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
AHHH..I wish i knew of this before...I won''t mention the vendor''s name, but Im stuck with them or they''ll charge me a restocking fee. Which I don''t understand because they haven''t charged my CC yet . Also, how can they charge a fee if they have a 100% money back refund. I thought im giving them less work by saying i change my mind rather than getting the diamond and returning it.

Right or Wrong>?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s possible the diamond you ordered wasn''t already OWNED by them. They may have had to order it from their supplier & only did so because they had a committed buyer (you). Then - say - you change your mind and they have to return the stone & perhaps pay a restocking fee on the other end.

Restocking fees should be disclosed on a vendors site, though. Was it?

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t see it posted on the website unless i missed something. As far as the diamond itself, they had it in stock and didn''t have to order it from a supplier.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
If they didn''t have notice of a restocking fee anywhere, I''d dispute it with your credit card. Start saving images of the website and any receipts you may have showing them not mentioning the restocking fee.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the stone you had set in a ring? If so I can def understand why they would charge a re-stocking fee.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They may not admit it but it may be

1. Compensating them for their time, insurance and shipping.
2. A deterrent to returning the stone.
3. A deterrent to people who are just playing around and not serious buyers.

IT should be on their website though.
Look closely.
If not certainly call them onto to carpet and name them here.

Hidden fees not in keeping with the Pricescope spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results