shape
carat
color
clarity

Restaurant suggestions in Philly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 9:45:29 AM
Author: ephemery1

Octavia, we are planning on Audrey Claire for dinner tonight, actually! Well, DH is voting for Lolita... which I highly recommend if you haven''t been there! But there''s a new La Viola?? I had no idea... I haven''t walked past in a while I guess! I used to go there often with friends when I first moved to the city (gotta love the prices!), but DH isn''t an Italian food fan.

Other favorites that are reasonably priced: Lolita (BYOB Mexican), Tequila''s (Mexican), Vietnam (self-explanatory), Devon (seafood), Twenty Manning (Asian fusion), Friday Saturday Sunday (cozy atmosphere), Cuba Libre (Cuban)

Are you still living in the city?
Ephemery: I was wondering if anyone would mention Friday Saturday Sunday. That was one of my favorite restaurants when I lived in Philly years ago. As I remember it, the food is good, but the atmosphere is the big draw.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Octavia, I haven''t been to the new Astral Plane yet... but I''m anxious to hear reviews! I used to like going to brunch there... with the fun Bloody Mary bar downstairs.
1.gif
As for sushi, we almost always go to Mizu on 20th and Sansom. It''s pretty basic, but good food and awesome prices.

Onedrop, Friday Saturday Sunday was the site of our (DH and I) first official date, 5 years ago! We feel exactly the same as you... the food is good, but the cozy atmosphere upstairs is what keeps us coming back... we''ve made it into our Valentine''s Day tradition.
1.gif

It was too cold to walk down to Lolita, so we just had a yummmmmmy meal at Audrey Claire... some of their entrees can be hit or miss, but my ostrich steak was DELISH! Next weekend we are going out to Dilworthtown Inn for dinner with our parents... another great Philly-area restaurant that I would highly recommend... all the way out in the ''burbs though!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I like Rouge and the Fountain at the Four Seasons.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only eaten at Friday Saturday Sunday once, but we sat downstairs. It seems that we missed out on something good? That might be a good reason to go back...hmm.

Date: 12/2/2007 3:32:06 AM
Author: pennquaker09

BF took me to the Fountain for our first anniversary, it was awesome. But definitely not an everyday kind of place, at least for us (ka-ching!).

I''m loving this thread...good food always makes my day, and talking about it is the next best thing
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We love going to Rouge for lunch or Brunch. We haven''t been to FRI SAT SUN in ages. Will have to try it again. Another fave is POD, since Ash is at Penn we go there a lot.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Ephemery: You are a lucky girl to have a first date with your DH at Friday Saturday Sunday. And since you are now married, I guess it''s doubly special.
1.gif

Based on all of the great restaurant recommendations here, I think DH and I need to plan a road trip!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 10:33:00 AM
Author: Octavia
I''ve only eaten at Friday Saturday Sunday once, but we sat downstairs. It seems that we missed out on something good? That might be a good reason to go back...hmm.

Date: 12/2/2007 3:32:06 AM

Author: pennquaker09

BF took me to the Fountain for our first anniversary, it was awesome. But definitely not an everyday kind of place, at least for us (ka-ching!).

I''m loving this thread...good food always makes my day, and talking about it is the next best thing
9.gif

No, no, it''s definitely not an everyday kind of place for us either. Maybe once or twice a month. We don''t get to spend Saturday together a lot so we make the most of it.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 7:36:15 PM
Author: onedrop
Ephemery: You are a lucky girl to have a first date with your DH at Friday Saturday Sunday. And since you are now married, I guess it''s doubly special.
1.gif

Based on all of the great restaurant recommendations here, I think DH and I need to plan a road trip!
It was a really fun place for a first date... back when we met, DH told me he had been waiting to go there until he met the right girl... I''m just glad it was me!
2.gif
I enjoy the glitz and glamour of fancier restaurants, but there is something so nice about little unpretentious neighborhood places (like Audrey Claire, La Viola, Astral Plane, etc).

Somebody mentioned the dessert cart at Le Bec Fin, and that reminded me of my favorite part of Striped Bass... the ice cream sundae cart! Just had to throw that out there, in case anybody ever ends up going there... sooooo yummy.
18.gif

Ondrop, where are you living now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results