shape
carat
color
clarity

response from Sat. Leo diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

33523delaf

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, I was able to find out that alex will never know what my message was hah!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi 33523delaf,If you like the stone you should go for it. Dry facts and formulas don't always work when it goes to such emotional thing as diamond.
smile.gif
IGI grading reports are not as strict as GIA or AGS. IGI certs are the most common for the diamonds in the malls. If you eventually will decide to buy the diamond, make sure to verify the gradings with independent appraiser.If crown and pavilion angles are not shown in the report you can inquire to get additional Sarin or Megascope measurements for the diamond. Table and depth you posted do look good but it is not enough to conclude that diamond is an ideal cut. See www.pricescope.com/tutor_60.asp . If combination of crown and pavilion angles isn't right the diamond cannot be considered as ideal. 66 facets have nothing to do with ideal proportions.As for the price, you probably already know that for $5,600 you could get ideal Hearts and Arrows diamond of bigger size or better grade...

33523delaf

Rough_Rock
Wow thanks for the quick reply, yeah you said those magic words about igi being what you find in malls, I have been checking out prices online at blue nile and have found much better quality for cheaper or the same price. They already have an advantage due to the fact there is no sales tax. I can't believe the amount of info that goes into buying diamonds. I had no idea I would be learning so much... and I can't believe i'm actually enjoying this!!--how would I inquire to get additional sarin or megascope info on a diamond. thankyou

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you're enjoing it
smile.gif
It should be fun. I'm sure now you'll find a great stone
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results