shape
carat
color
clarity

Resizing/sizing beads question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WeddingGirl150

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I just got my engagement ring resized from a 6 (WAY too big) to a 4 and 7/8. Problem is, my knuckles are fairly huge compared to my fingers. When I got the resized ring back, I could get it over my knuckles with a lot of effort, but the ring would spin like crazy once it was on my finger and fly up and down from the base of my finger to the knuckle. It was driving me nuts, so I had sizing beads added and I absolutely LOVE how they make the ring stay upright and stop it from sliding up and down my finger. The problem is, I''m fairly certain that now I can''t get the ring off without a lot of pain. (I could barely get it on and I haven''t tried to get it off since. I''m not even sure it''s possible.)

My question is whether or not I should get the ring resized again, this time slightly larger so I can take it on and off reasonably easily. My concern is that if I do bring the size up a little bit (maybe to 5 and 1/8? maybe 5 and 1/4?) the beads won''t work as well as they do now in keeping the ring upright. Does anyone have suggestions as to how much you can fiddle with ring size and keep the sizing beads effective?

Thank you for your help!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know the answer to your sizing beads question but if it were me I would definitely have my ring sized up a bit. To not be able to comforably get it on and off would drive me nuts.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I would go back to the jeweler and see what he/she thinks about sizing it up just a bit. I personally would not want to not be able to get my ring off!!

My mother has sizing beads, and she says it hurts to take her rings off. She leaves them on 24/7 and only takes them off to have them cleaned at the jewelers. When she goes, the jeweler sprays windex on her finger and rings, and they slide off much easier.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go back to your jeweler and tell him or her what you told us. I am thinking a 5 Full might be a good solution for you. Also it's cold now, you will also have to take into account if your fingers swell in warmer weather. Lots to consider. Good luck, let us know how it goes!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results