shape
carat
color
clarity

Resizing pics on a mac

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been trying and failing to resize my pics - sometimes I get it right sometimes not and I don''t know why!

Here''s what I''m doing at the moment - opening it in Preview and saving at low quality to get below 100KB. But this doesn''t always work, and sometimes I have to crop it a bit in iPhoto, then resave in Preview at low quality...so for some pictures if I don''t want to crop off bits of it then I don''t know of a way to get it down to under 100KB.

Anyway, if I do get it to below 100KB then I move it to iPhoto and crop it to 5x7. This is annoying too if there''s bits I don''t want to crop off, but again I don''t know another way.

Can somebody give me a lesson please?!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just put them in iphoto, highlight the photo you want, go to FILE-->EXPORT. Then you'll see a box that says SIZE. Click SCALE IMAGES NO LARGER THAN, and then I usually put somewhere between 300-400 for the first dimension. Then hit EXPORT and it'll go to your desktop in a smaller size. Usually between 300-400 for the first box (and letting it fill in the second to preserve the ratio) works well for PS. But occasionally you might need to go smaller.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Brilliant! I just tried it with a dress pic over in BWW and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much
35.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh- thanks for that tip. I have been going about in in a round-a-bout way by highlighting the photo in iphoto and choosing using the email icon to choose to send it in either of the small med or large formats and then saving them to the desktop

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries! Glad I could help.
1.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hi Neatfreak
35.gif

I just tried this with my avatar and I''m thrilled to know that I can share some pics finally!

Thanks for the helpful tip!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results