shape
carat
color
clarity

Resizing for Custom Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I need PC help. I have a jpeg picture that I''d like to use as mt Avatar but it is too large at 314 KB. How do I resize it so that it is under the 100 KB max limit?

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
confused.gif
I have that problem alot.... clueless on the pc myself.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
What software do you use to view jpeg pics?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm using Windows Picture & Fax viewer. I do have MS Paint but it's more like MS Pain! Katbadness is helping me crop and resize my picture. Hopefully I'll have it up before long.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
If you have a program like Paintshop Pro, Photoshop, or the like... you can resave (or save as...) the picture at a different resolution and compression. The JPG filetype have varying settings for compression. The higher the compression, the smaller the file size, but the grainier the image. The lower the compression, the larger the file size, but the better image.

Similarly, the resolution affects file size. 71ppi (pixels per inch) is standard for web graphics, whereas 300ppi is standard for print materials.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you do not have a local friend with Photoshop or Paintpro, email me the jpeg at [email protected] and I will do a quick and dirty resize for you. Be sure to include the size you need as I will not remember.

Wink

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Vertical H. For the technically challenged such as myself, compression and pixels sound like cocktail snacks! Isn't there something out there for those of us who are at the "click and drag" level.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry. Adobe has a free program called Photoshop Album. It's for photo organization and quick fixes, but it might work in this case too. It's like Apple's iPhoto. I'm downloading it now to see if it'll work.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,
Look at my new avatar, courtesy of Katbadness. Didn't she do a wonderful job? Now where is that bowing (kowtow) icon?
naughty.gif
Thank you Katbadness. Now I won't be able to type answers on PS because I'll be too busy staring at my own avatar. Why don't I just stare at the real thing you say? It's because I don't have it with me; it's being set right now. Boo hoo hoo!
sad.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Nice Jubilee.

Mine's getting set as well. It'll be several more weeks before I get it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ep, when are you expecting yours? 3 weeks? More? Just curious. I can't wait to see pictures of yours set in that lovely double X prong.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 7/23/2004 8:13:09 AM chrono wrote:

I don't have it with me; it's being set right now. Boo hoo hoo!
sad.gif

----------------
What color side stones did you end you chosing?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting a pair of fat i.e. rounded sapphire trillions from Wink. It's going to be a custom piece because I like my rings set very low on the finger.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Owwww, can't wait to see it
3.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I should get it around the 15th of August. The wait is killing me.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/23/2004 3:48:57 PM ep6585 wrote:

I should get it around the 15th of August. The wait is killing me.----------------

Okay, now it is a race, can I get Chrono her ring before your jeweler gets yours...

And they're offf!!!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Wink - I'll have to see if GOG and Vatche want to join your race.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have an unfair advantage, I went on vacation in January and Jon is on his now. Also my benchman already has the piece and will start work on Monday...

I was teasing a little and would never actually race where a diamond is concerned, the quality of the finished piece is never to be trifled with! Although we did deliver a job in Seattle on Friday that was started on Monday as the "dinner with her folks" is tomorrow! I never got to see the piece, it was delivered straight to him from our designer, but the client says it is perfect.

I hate it when time happens like that, but it is nice when you have good people who can handle it! Oh and THANK GOODNESS for Fedex!

Wink

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I know. I wouldn't want them to rush it. I can wait as long as it takes to get it done right.

Well....almost. Sometime within the next month would be nice.
loopy.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Gee ep, Iv'e got to look twice now before seeing if it's you or chrono! Nice avitars for both.

Wink, when's the new site going to be up?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Okay noobie....I changed my avatar. Hopefully it'll make it easier to tell who is posting.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ep no need to change to avitar on my account. I only meant that you guys both got beautiful stones!
1.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I'll change my avatar again after I get a picture of the finished ring. Until then I think I'll keep the picture of my dog.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EP, sorry for stealing the limelight off your Jube avatar. Still, a picture of a cute dog is a nice alternative. I can't wait to see a picture of your finished ring too. Another 3 weeks.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Nothing like reviving an old discussion. Vertical Horizon, you still there?

Anybody...I wonder if any free or readily available applications (like Photoshop Album...I used that one to crop my recent Avatar) allow you the ability to:

"resave (or save as...) the picture at a different resolution and compression...."

Just seeing what options are available for my Avatar besides Knights, Gremlins and frogs...

P.S. Hope many of you are off and enjoying the holiday season.

With best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results