shape
carat
color
clarity

Resizing at Helzberg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Seven

Rough_Rock
Has anyone here had an e-ring resized at Helzberg? The ring I bought for my fiancee is a bit too large and needs to be sized from a 6.75 to a 6.5. Would I be better off going to another place? Helzberg quoted about a week turnaround time and a cost of $50. It''s platinum, btw, if that matters at all. Does David Atlas'' place do resizing? I could take a ride there, or any other recommended place in the Philadelphia area, on a weekend. Thanks in advance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t do it at a chain store. They probably send it out somewhere. Wait and see if you can find someone who will do it for you the same day you take it in. I think $50 is very high, too.

Seven

Rough_Rock
They did say they send the ring out, but didn''t say where. Some friends pointed us to a highly recommended shop in Downingtown, PA and we just had terrible customer service there, so I don''t think I''ll ever step foot in that store again.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I highly recommend Optima Jewelers in Narberth, Ron and Wendy will do a great job for you, 610-668-8689. I have used them to size many rings including those that are family heirlooms. They were voted best jeweler by Main Line Today magazine. HTH, good luck. It''s a 15 minute ride from the city...

Seven

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Kaleigh...I''ll give them a call shortly!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I have a ring resizing story from Helzberg.

My boyfriend gave me a sapphire ring from Helzberg for my birthday in September. He also purchased the service plan for the ring because it was cheaper than paying to get the ring resized even once.

After wearing the ring since September (so about 2 months) I noticed the sapphire was a little loose. We took it in to the Helzberg where BF purchased it the day after Thanksgiving to have the stone tightened and sized down a half size. It was ready to be picked up last Friday (it took a week!), so we went to get it. The associate got my ring and gave it to me. I took one look at the ring and noticed a HUGE chip in the sapphire! It was completely obvious. I told him that the stone was chipped, he looked at it, and then took it to the microscope which was totally unnecessary sice you could plainly see the chip.

He came back and said he was sorry. They had to charge the jeweler for the replacement value and had to order me a new ring. But the new ring is too big, so it will have to be sent out to get resized too.

I just want my ring back! It feel so weird without it on!

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 9:42:46 PM
Author:Seven
Has anyone here had an e-ring resized at Helzberg? The ring I bought for my fiancee is a bit too large and needs to be sized from a 6.75 to a 6.5. Would I be better off going to another place? Helzberg quoted about a week turnaround time and a cost of $50. It''s platinum, btw, if that matters at all. Does David Atlas'' place do resizing? I could take a ride there, or any other recommended place in the Philadelphia area, on a weekend. Thanks in advance!
No matter what, I would take it to a jeweler with a goldsmith on site. They can usually resize the ring for you in about an hour (plus or minus), and sometimes they''ll even do it right in front of you.

Sending my fiance''s ring away for an entire week to who knows where just was not an appealing idea to me at all. Plus, you hear those awful stories about the stones coming back chipped and you don''t even know who to blame because your ring has been all over the map in the meantime.

Anyway those are my two cents. My fiance had her ring resized and so we took it to our local jeweler (who set the stone for us originally). Their goldsmith is on site and they had it ready for us in 90 minutes. My fiance and I were elated and both agreed that waiting a week for some stranger to mess up her ring would have been an awful idea.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results