shape
carat
color
clarity

Resize or put in sizing balls to be 1/4 smaller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msterling21

Rough_Rock
Greetings everyone. My fiance and I have been engaged for a year now. Wedding date is in May 09. Anyhow, she has a Scott Kay ring which I originally ordered at size 5.5 . I thought that was her size but I wasn''t even close. We sent it off Scott Kay and had it sized down to 5.0 . Despite the .5 resizing difference, the ring looked perfectly normal after. It wasn''t warped or oval - whew. Now, it''s still a bit loose but doesn''t slip off too easily. She''d be more comfortable with a 4.75 . We ordered the wedding band recently, also a size 5.0 . When she had both of them on, she wished we had ordered 4.75 instead.

Do you think we should send it to Scott Kay again? or Have Robbins Brothers resize it? or Put in sizing balls?

We''d prefer the first option but it will cost us money. I don''t trust RB''s jewlery smith. I''m not too sure she''d be comfortable with the actual ball and the way it may look. Will resizing it another .25 hurt, you think?

Here''s the ring I bought... and the wedding band has the same style pave - just without the center stone. Thanks.

http://www.robbinsbros.com/engagement-rings/engagement-ring-detail.asp?prod_id=30926&pType=ring&set_shape=undefined

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I would have Scott Kay size it because it's their ring and they will stand behind it. If someone else sizes it, it may void any warranty that SK has. Also, I would order the wedding band in a 4.75 unless it is an eternity band, in which case I think I would stick with the 5.0. Usually when you have two rings on together they tend to feel a little tighter than wearing one alone so you may want to keep that in mind as well.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Your finger swells when it''s warm and shrinks when it is cool. In such a case the size difference can be up to a full ring size. Half-size or quarter size is very common. And as you get older and put on a little weight your ring finger would too. If this ring is something she would wear for a long time, I say go with the sizing beads. Just my 2 cts.
28.gif

msterling21

Rough_Rock
We really considered sizing beads/balls but after seeing some pictures online, it doesn''t look good. I know it''s hidden while worn but what if somebody wants to see it, will they make comments like "hey, what''s this thing sticking out"?

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I guess they do compromise a ring''s perfection somewhat. Well, before deciding on the resize, see how the ring fits throughout the day. Is it very loose at all times? What you really won''t want is a ring that fits too snugly. Skin bulging out from ring edges doesn''t look too hot either.
27.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I have a horseshoe sizer in my ring because my fingers are narrow but my knuckles are wider. It keeps my e-ring from spinning and my diamond upright. I don''t think it looks wierd at all. I also don''t take my ring off for other people either though. They can admire it on my finger just fine.

msterling21

Rough_Rock
jazmine, i''m not sure what a horseshoe sizer is, do you have a picture posted somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results