shape
carat
color
clarity

Resize locally in San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gauchoblue

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I recently purchased a platinum solitaire ring w/diamond. It is a cathedral setting. It is too big for my fiancee - 5&1/2. We need to have 4&1/2. Would it be simpler to resend it to the online store to have it done(2+ weeks) or is this a simple task than can be done locally? Does anyone have any recommendations for a place in San Diego to have it resized? How much does it usually cost. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!!!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
It is probably faster and less expensive to have the ring resized in San Diego... Charles Koll Jewelers in San Diego is excellent (85
4.gif
558-7838 or you can give independent appraiser Thom Sorenson a call, he leases space inside of a retail jewelry store in San Diego and probably can assist you with getting the ring sized...

gauchoblue

Rough_Rock
Thank you. Do you know the average resize cost? One friend I personally asked said $10-12 and another said $200-$300.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I had an emerald and 14K ring sized from a 6 to 4.5 at Currie & Co. in Hillcrest for $35. My appraiser, Thom Underwood, recommended them because they use a laser for re-sizing and that method was less likely to damage a fragile stone like an emerald. I'm not sure what they would charge for sizing a platinum ring.

gauchoblue

Rough_Rock
Thom also appraised my ring last week. I really value his opinion. I was about to call him for advice. I'll definitely consider Currie & Co. Were you able to watch them do it? Did they do it during your visit? How did it turn out? Thanks again!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I left the ring to have it sized. (But it wasn't my e-ring, which was sized by a jeweler at the jewelry building before my diamond from Whiteflash was set into the ring in front of me -- the setting came from Sprint Diamonds, but I can't rememebr the name of the guy upstairs who did the sizing & setting.) The work Currie & Co. did looks good and it fits perfectly. Call them to see if they can make arrangements to size it in front of you and/or while you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results