shape
carat
color
clarity

resize engraved wedding band? too large

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sethramsey

Rough_Rock
It appears as though my wedding band is too large. It is size 8.5 and it has already been engraved. Size 8 is way too small to fit over (or take off) my knuckle and 8.5 goes over w/out much problem. It won''t fall off of my finger but just feels too lose once past the knuckle. It is simple design, single milgrain on the outside edges and the engraving doesn''t take up much room on the inside. It is comfort a fit band, 5mm wide.
Can I make it smaller without much problem? Will it need to be cut or can it be compressed?
Thanks for any help.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have your Jeweler put 2-3 little "bars" in the inside of your ring. It will help it snug up to your finger better.

sethramsey

Rough_Rock
if the size problem is something that is or will be a permanent issue, then are these little bars the way to go? or, would getting it cut or compressed or something like that be a better fix (certainly more long term). is the .25 size difference that hard to cut to fix it. will it make the ring misshapen? thanks again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you have skinny fingers with large knuckles which will be a permanent issue. As Ame suggested, you'll need these sizing beads. This way, at size 8.5, your ring will still pass over your knuckles and these beads will lessen the gap between your finger and the ring once in position. This will not mishappen your ring. It is also a relatively quick and inexpensive long term fix. I do not recommend compressing it. A 0.25 size difference isn't much and may not do the trick. Also, if you chose the sizing bead method, it is just as easy to remove if you are not happy with the fit. That is not so with resizing the band the usual way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results