shape
carat
color
clarity

Resize 3/4 Pave Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am considering purchasing a solitaire pave setting as a RHR. The setting has 7 melees on each side and is 14K white gold. The problem is that the setting is a size 6.25 and I need a size 3. Do you think I will be able to get it resized?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When i have seen rings online, they usually claim they can be sized up or down one size - however, my sister got the cutest little diamond band and she had it sized from a 6 to an 8.5 the other day. The diamonds only went across the top though...

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I''d be worried about the stones popping out since it''s pave, cos sizing it down by so much will involve bending the setting by quite a bit. Maybe an expert can comment on whether this will affect the integrity of the ring?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2008 11:12:58 PM
Author: gladyskristen
I'd be worried about the stones popping out since it's pave, cos sizing it down by so much will involve bending the setting by quite a bit. Maybe an expert can comment on whether this will affect the integrity of the ring?
I would be worried about this, too. I would ask a jeweler, that is a pretty big difference. Do you have a picture that you could post? Maybe one of the experts could help you out.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, this is way too much for most rings to be resized successfully without resetting stones, never mind a pave ring...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I guess deep down I didn''t think it was possible but wanted to hear good news. Maytal Hannah is making my e-ring so I emailed her and asked her if it is doable. I want to keep the cost down since this is going to be a for fun RHR.

It is a pretty simple setting - how much do you think I can get it for? I am hoping white gold.

Here is a photo of it.

resizethisring2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, you need to find a ring close to your size if it has pave on the shank. It would probably almost require remaking the ring..in which case it would not turn out to be such a bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results