shape
carat
color
clarity

resetting studs to bezel setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
I impulsively bought studs on Oct 16 as a wedding (Oct 18) and birthday (Oct 20) gift to myself. They are .5 tw, G/H, SI. I''m pretty sure I overpaid somewhat and regrettably did not ask for lab reports (did I mention impulsive purchase?). The jeweler did send me an appraisal on request for insurance purposes, but it of course matches what I paid for them. I don''t regret the oops too much - I will always remember that I bought them for myself two days before my wedding. Because my birthday was two days after our wedding, husband offered to just foot the bill for the studs when they came due as a gift. Lovely gesture and unexpected.

So I love the story behind them, but in truth they don''t shine as much as I expected. As I said, I shouldn''t have bought them without getting more info on cut and clarity, but it''s a done deal. The store where I bought them has a good reputation but their refund/exchage deadline has come and gone and they don''t offer upgrades, etc.

I wonder if I shouldn''t bezel them for more casual wear, since I intend them as staples. Can anyone offer recommendations for someone who has reset studs to bezels? It''s white gold now and I prefer it to platinum generally - in that case, what is a range for how much it should cost to reset? If we are lucky to have a daughter, I will gift them to her.

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results