shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting my emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Franny

Rough_Rock
I have a decent Emerald Cut center stone (1.25 carats, 7.13 x 5.60 x 3.57, I, VS1) in a poorly designed ring next to poorly cut trilliants. The trilliants are dingy and have visible inclusions. The ring is yellow gold with platinum prongs and setting. The workmanship is horrific. At the time I got the ring (I picked it out, actually), I was completely ignorant of anything except getting the nicest emerald cut my then-fiance could afford. With each passing year, my ring has bugged me more and more. See the pictures of my ring alone, the ring with the "wrap"-type band I almost never wear and the ring with the plain gold wedding band that I always wear. In person, the center stone looks better, the side stones worse.
Now I''m thinking its time for an overhaul and have informed my husband accordingly. I like my center stone and have gotten over an "I" inferiority complex. However, I would like to replace everything else. I would like to go all platinum and am thinking about replacing the trilliants with emerald cuts. I particularly like the Facets one (picture attached) with three ECs and baguettes. It seems a little more graceful than some three stone ECs, where the ends seem a little chopped off and lonely if the span of the stones don''t cover the width of the finger. Opinions and/or alternatives? Also wondering whether a very thin, shared prong, round stone eternity band might go well with this? Otherwise, I might just stick to a thin, plain platinum band. Once again, I would appreciate any thoughts -- or seeing any examples. Thanks!

myemerald.jpg

Franny

Rough_Rock
Here''s the Facets ring I like. Couldn''t upload it to the original message.

dreamteam.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the ring is gorgeous --it will be spectacular in platinum--i personally dont like three EC's --takes away from the center stone. i like an Ec with baguettes, bullets or traps

Lovely!!!! I''m a three-stone emerald cut girl, and I think the facets design is really pretty.

Emerald cuts are incredibly beautiful, but they are tough to design around (I''m dealing with the whole wedding band issue now).

Enjoy - this has to be so much fun for you! Mary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results