shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting my cushion into a 3-stone. What color prongs?

Yellow gold or white gold prongs for 3-stone setting?

• Total voters

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang. Beauteous!
Can’t wait to see the profile, as well. And handshots!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is! I almost didn't recognize my stones because they look a bit crushed ice-ish in this shot! In reality the facets are so much chubbier!

Wow, it's gorgeous!!!!
Thank you!!

Dang. Beauteous!
Can’t wait to see the profile, as well. And handshots!
Oh man, I can't wait either!! The next 36 hours are going to be torture!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caysie's photo is another flavour of your diamonds' optics, but I can absolutely still tell they are all three chunky antiques. I don't see any crushed ice at all!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait until reveal day...@KristyDarling, please give us as many pictures of this beauty as you can!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Siiiiiiighhhhhhh.... :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is here. You guys. Whyyyyy do we not have a dropping dead emoji?!?!? I won't have a chance to take pics until later, but suffice it to say that I am beyond thrilled. I feel like I'm in a dream!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
@KristyDarling, I was about to post asking if the ring is here yet. I am beyond excited!!!!
Even a teaser picture will do right now...please...as in pretty please!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is here. You guys. Whyyyyy do we not have a dropping dead emoji?!?!? I won't have a chance to take pics until later, but suffice it to say that I am beyond thrilled. I feel like I'm in a dream!!

There is nothing more important in life right now than taking pictures for us - lol!

OK, we'll wait until you can do this but please HURRY!!!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
OMG:-o:-o:-o!!!! Mind blowing beauty she is, KristyDarling!!!!! Thanks for the sneak peak:D
Can't wait for the SMTB thread!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Christy! It is beautiful! The three cushion diamonds look like they are made for each other and the setting is just delightful. True finger coverage! It turned our really well and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic on you!
It might be just the photo, but did you tweak the baskets?
How gorgeous!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@maita13, @MissGotRocks , @bright ice, @KKJohnson -- thank you so much! I'm a very lucky girl!

It looks fantastic on you!
It might be just the photo, but did you tweak the baskets?
How gorgeous!
You have eagle eyes, @Rfisher ! Yes, there is an issue with the prongs, which I finally noticed after wearing the ring for about an hour (after I got over my awe of the stones!). The prongs are not as deeply swooped as they should be in a Maria - too much metal. Caysie agrees and is going to cut them down for me in early August, which is the soonest I can send the ring back to her. The prongs look too close to the CAD....which sounds like it should be a good thing but when Caysie sent the CAD to me she clarified that the prongs shown in the CAD were too heavy and would be carved down more. So when I saw the ring IRL and noticed that the prongs were exactly like the CAD and not like the Maria prongs shown on her Etsy site, I was confused. I had to go back to my texts with Caysie to confirm that she did indeed tell me that the amount of metal shown in the CAD would be reduced IRL.

I was really glad that she responded so quickly and professionally to fixing them for me! She did caution that my prongs won't look exactly like the ones on her Etsy page because those are for round stones, whereas mine are elongated cushions. But, she confirmed that the swoops will be "crisper" and and cut down a bit more. Yay!

CAD:

Profile CAD.jpg

My ring:
IMG_0002.jpeg
IMG_0002a.jpeg

The prongs I was expecting:
CvB Maria prongs.jpg

So, I've decided that I'm not going to post a SMTB thread until after I get the tweaked ring back from Caysie in August. :geek2:

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this beauty as is. She really is gorgeous even with these different prongs -- in fact, some people might even prefer this look because it may be closer to a true Victorian vibe than the crisper/more defined prongs I was expecting, but the heart wants what the heart wants! :P2

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
@KristyDarling, may I ask what the specs are on all 3 stones? I'm actually working on a reset (although mine is an emerald cut) but got derailed by the Enchanted Diamonds debacle (purchased a stone from them that I never received).
I've since moved on from that nightmare and just purchased another matching pair. Just kinda iffy about the size though.
My goal is to have stones cover the span of my ever-growing finger size. So any insight would be greatly appreciated.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristyDarling, may I ask what the specs are on all 3 stones? I'm actually working on a reset (although mine is an emerald cut) but got derailed by the Enchanted Diamonds debacle (purchased a stone from them that I never received).
I've since moved on from that nightmare and just purchased another matching pair. Just kinda iffy about the size though.
My goal is to have stones cover the span of my ever-growing finger size. So any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Oh no! I'm so sorry you were one of the ED victims. How awful!! :blackeye:

The sidestones are .88ct each, though they don't match up perfectly dimension-wise (would be impossible to find):
5.80 x 5.47x 3.72
6.01 x 5.47 x 3.67

The center stone is 3.14ct: 9.44 x 8.04 x 5.58mm.

The ring is size 5 and has sizing pads. And I hear you about the ever-growing fingers. My ring finger was a 3.5-3.75 just 2 years ago!

Hope this helps! I'd love to hear about your re-set project! Do you have a thread for it somewhere?

Reactions: AV_

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! I'm so sorry you were one of the ED victims. How awful!! :blackeye:

The sidestones are .88ct each, though they don't match up perfectly dimension-wise (would be impossible to find):
5.80 x 5.47x 3.72
6.01 x 5.47 x 3.67

The center stone is 3.14ct: 9.44 x 8.04 x 5.58mm.

The ring is size 5 and has sizing pads. And I hear you about the ever-growing fingers. My ring finger was a 3.5-3.75 just 2 years ago!

Hope this helps! I'd love to hear about your re-set project! Do you have a thread for it somewhere?

Thanks, KD! I was one of those who bank-wired so I don't think I'll ever get my money back.

No, I have not started a thread on my reset. It was meant to be sort of a distraction.

As suspected, I may have to go bigger on my side stones...but after the money lost to ED, my budget is tight now. We shall see...like you said, the heart wants what the heart wants:mrgreen2:

As for your gorgeous, gorgeous ring- those specs take really good care of finger coverage on a size 5!!
I'm a size 6 1/4 now from what used to be a size 4:(. Your antique cushion(s) are just perfection:love:

Congrats again on your beauty, KD!! Excited for your SMTB thread:appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to come back and stare at your beauty again. The bicolor metals are bang on gorgeous - great choice!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE A CUSHION 3-STONE. OMG. I may just need to succumb and go with this. OMG. @KristyDarling I want to copy you so badly. Your ring is just perfect. It’s so beautiful. I can wait for your thread!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to come back and stare at your beauty again. The bicolor metals are bang on gorgeous - great choice!
Thank you! I'm SUPER glad I followed the crowd-sourced advice here with the platinum prongs!! It gives me such a thrill to see the contrast between the two metals!

I LOVE A CUSHION 3-STONE. OMG. I may just need to succumb and go with this. OMG. @KristyDarling I want to copy you so badly. Your ring is just perfect. It’s so beautiful. I can wait for your thread!!!
That means so much to me, coming from you with YOUR absolutely stunning ring, which is hands-down one of my top fave rings here! :kiss2: Would you keep it, or trade it in towards a new ring? If you go this route, start your search for matching antique stones NOW because they're incredibly hard to find! Or, ask Yoram to cut them for you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@KristyDarling

Well your ring is gorgeous and I can't wait to see your thread once the prongs are carved :dance:

Can you tell me how wide your shank is? And if you know, how wide are the donuts for your side stones (diameter? I know they are octagons, but I'm interested to know the widest distance)? I'm trying to decide on shank width for my own ring and thinking about the connection between shank and donuts... knowing yours would be helpful =)2

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
although you are going to get the prongs tweaked, All I saw were AMAZING Diamonds!:love::love::love::love::love::love:Holy Moly! ITs beyond words! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristyDarling

Well your ring is gorgeous and I can't wait to see your thread once the prongs are carved :dance:

Can you tell me how wide your shank is? And if you know, how wide are the donuts for your side stones (diameter? I know they are octagons, but I'm interested to know the widest distance)? I'm trying to decide on shank width for my own ring and thinking about the connection between shank and donuts... knowing yours would be helpful =)2

@dreamer_dachsie: I'm afraid I don't know the donut width but the triwire shank is 1.8mm. :geek2:

although you are going to get the prongs tweaked, All I saw were AMAZING Diamonds!:love::love::love::love::love::love:Holy Moly! ITs beyond words! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

Aww, thank you, @D&T !! Haha so true that this ring is mostly about the diamonds but I'm looking forward to having a killer side profile view in about 6 weeks, hopefully!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results