shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting my chrysoberyl

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like this ( I also included the pic for anyone without Facebook )

10403752_1039888212703415_1003304737060062732_o.jpg

13322107_1443989585626607_886647714430564798_n.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's so pretty..I asked about the Floret before and he thought the chryso would be better w/a more open setting. I wonder if rather than full petals on all four sides, it could be petals on the e/w sides, or the petals could be on all four sides but be more of a colette bezel look rather than fully enclosed. Like a cross between my avc bezels and the current setting w/the flared semi bezel..and w/the prongs between the petals cuz that's pretty.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1464542475|4037770 said:
That's so pretty..I asked about the Floret before and he thought the chryso would be better w/a more open setting. I wonder if rather than full petals on all four sides, it could be petals on the e/w sides, or the petals could be on all four sides but be more of a colette bezel look rather than fully enclosed. Like a cross between my abc bezels and the current setting w/the flared semi bezel..and w/the prongs between the petals cuz that's pretty.

I think AK did something like that for mine, except with the petals less exaggerated. But I love it and think it's perfect, so hopefully it helps you get inspired!

20160121_180821.jpg 20160121_181349.jpg 20160121_181335.jpg 20160121_175857.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is one of my all time favorites, loves dogs! Y'all need to ping me if you ever see another stone like that!! And, then I'll just copy your ring, haha!

interested to see what you decide, Packrat.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1464545327|4037796 said:
Your ring is one of my all time favorites, loves dogs! Y'all need to ping me if you ever see another stone like that!! And, then I'll just copy your ring, haha!

interested to see what you decide, Packrat.

Loves Vintage: thanks! BTW it was from The Gem Trader (Brad Payne). I emailed him asking if he had any sunstone iolite that wasn't listed online and he had a few, so if you are interested I'd email him. Plus it's not considered a "precious" gemstone so the price per carat is unbelievably low (even though I consider it very rare and "precious").

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Thanks for the tip!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
that does help a little lovedogs, thank you! I think I'm going to have to ask him about this, see what he thinks.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1464548494|4037815 said:
Great! Thanks for the tip!

Loved Vintage : there's a sunstone iolite just like mine for sale on LT. Very reasonable and fair price and it looks gorgeous. Hoping you see this and maybe can jump on it!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, LovesDogs. I had already exchanged some emails on that lovely stone, and then saw your nice note. Then I went out to lunch, and poof, it was already sold by the time I got back! I have an email out to Brad. He will check his inventory for me. I'm sure something will turn up. Thanks again for calling this out to me. Very, very nice!!

Apologies to Packie for interrupting her thread. :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1464896890|4039473 said:
Thanks, LovesDogs. I had already exchanged some emails on that lovely stone, and then saw your nice note. Then I went out to lunch, and poof, it was already sold by the time I got back! I have an email out to Brad. He will check his inventory for me. I'm sure something will turn up. Thanks again for calling this out to me. Very, very nice!!

Apologies to Packie for interrupting her thread. :wavey:

aww, I'm sorry you missed it! Hopefully it went to a PSer so we can at least see more pics :appl: I'm sure Brad will find something for you! Sorry Packie for continuing to interrupt!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
no apologies needed-never know what might spark something in my reset quest, seeing as I still have no clue how I want to proceed! One vendor never responded, one's assistant said he would but never did, I'm still thinking about AK, and then a member of a group suggested CvB.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
see? Look at this profile. twisty and pretty.

jenasolitaire.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I talked to CvB/LAD and got a quote in platinum. I will be doing gold instead, so I'm not sure what kind of difference there will be in cost, but I think I will be able to start soon!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Erica sent me a sample Dahlia so I could get a feel for what part of mine will look like. Getting excited to start.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1466818767|4047921 said:
Erica sent me a sample Dahlia so I could get a feel for what part of mine will look like. Getting excited to start.
You like it?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do! My only concern is having eight prongs on my chryso-I don't want it to be too busy on it. I think I would ask for the swoops between prongs to be out a little more too, just a little bit so you can see them. I'm not sure how in the world she'll do it b/c the profile won't be the Dahlia profile. I tried to draw it up and got torked b/c it just looked like fallopian tubes and a cervix. Caysie says she is confident she can nix the female anatomy and make it beautiful. ha!

Oh and it will be 18k unplated, so it's not full on yellow, and not the stark white of plated. I'm hoping the unplated is a good middle ground for the chryso.

dahliasample.jpg

dahliasample2.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat I think that will be gorgeous with your chrysoberyl!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat I've got nothing to add. I think you are on the track for a beautiful reset, even though the original setting was wonderful in my eyes.
But I have to say- the "twisted" dendritic agate ring you posted up thread as possible inspiration is perfect in my eyes. I covet it. Sigh.
Who is the designer in hiatus? So I may stalk them?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks distracts and Rfisher! It's not going to be exactly the Dahlia, it will be a conglomeration of Dahlia, Jena, and that twisty ring. Somehow..hopefully ha!

I'm going to put something else in the semi bezel so i can still wear it-I could never give up that setting. I love it like crazy.

I'm not sure who the designer is of the twisty ring-I wish I did! I found the setting originally, here, but I don't recall what thread. It was shortly after I came here, so quite a long time ago. I tried doing an image search on google, and didn't find anything. And I tried to google things that might be key words that it might pop up but that didn't work either.

I'm sending the Dahlia back, and the chryso w/it, and hope to be able to send the down payment in a couple weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results