shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting Lightbox Diamonds Project?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Even before Lightbox officially launched, I've been intrigued and interested in resetting the diamonds as projects, since they are the best value MMD. The larger stones have the most value, as there isn't as much of a savings compared to smaller melee mined stones. I've thought of the following ideas, but have reservations of moving forward thinking, do I really need this? It's still a decent amount of money for a fun project! Maybe this will inspire another PSer for a project and I can live vicariously!

Travel or Alternate Rings
3 stone with 0.88ct round or 1ct cushion center, 0.5ct round side stones
Vintage halo with 0.88ct round
Something with a 1ct pink or blue stone

Bracelet
Bangle with 0.5ct round stones throughout

Necklaces
Diamonds by the yard with 0.5ct round stones
Solitaire yellow gold pendant with 0.88ct round

Earrings
Studs with 0.88ct round stones

Lightbox/DeBeers if you are reading this, don't worry, I already have a mined diamond engagement ring and other mined diamond jewelry. These projects are incremental diamond demand, as it's either unlikely I would purchase these with mined diamonds and/or if I love the piece, I will consider "upgrading" to mined! Alternately, you if launched similar products, that would be great, as they would likely sell well! Would love to see fancy cuts and additional colors!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Probably something similar to the look of the bangle below, maybe half as many stones, and thinner metal. I also like the look of the Carrier love bracelet, but don't like the fact you can't take it on/off easily.

I'd want the diamonds to be spaced out maybe 2-3 inches for the diamonds by the yard? Could also do 0.25ct instead. Maybe 7 or so diamonds for the bangle and same for the necklace?

5 stone bands are so pretty! Agree that 1.5tcw is a good amount of finger coverage for a size 5 ring. You could always try on a few at a brick and mortar store to get an idea of the size stones you'd want. How does a LB custom 5 stone compare cost wise vs. a pre-made one from James Allen or Blue Nile?

M

Marriedbuteloped

5 stone bands are so pretty! Agree that 1.5tcw is a good amount of finger coverage for a size 5 ring. You could always try on a few at a brick and mortar store to get an idea of the size stones you'd want. How does a LB custom 5 stone compare cost wise vs. a pre-made one from James Allen or Blue Nile?

Your projects sound very nice. Do you have somebody in mind who could make a love bracelet type or diamond by the yards type necklace. Somebody like James Allen?

Costwise my mmd ring would compare to a BN ring, if they have a sale and if I'd settle for H/I diamonds. With Lightbox I'd get a G and that would make a mined ring more expensive. But again only if all LB are equal in color, something we are not sure at this point.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Your projects sound very nice. Do you have somebody in mind who could make a love bracelet type or diamond by the yards type necklace. Somebody like James Allen?

Costwise my mmd ring would compare to a BN ring, if they have a sale and if I'd settle for H/I diamonds. With Lightbox I'd get a G and that would make a mined ring more expensive. But again only if all LB are equal in color, something we are not sure at this point.

It would depend on the project. If it's super custom like the bangle or the diamonds by the yard necklace, I'll need to find a jeweler.

I'm hoping LB will launch new products, as I would rather buy something that's ready to wear from them. Just nothing has really appealed to me yet!

I'm pretty color sensitive when it comes to solitaires, however I can't seem to really notice color differences when there are several smaller stones. At least not G, H and I color melees. The one thing to note is that some of the BN rings have a "Very Good" instead of "Excellent" cut. Clusters of smaller diamonds do have a lot of sparkle!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Also, maybe not all diamonds have the same color. I was following @DoeEyes (former @frogplus) journey and it seemed her new LB diamond is not the same color as her older stone.
If that is indeed true I would have to order everything at the same time and make sure the color is close enough, in case I need to return some. So that poses an extra difficulty.

True, but they were purchased a year apart, the first was when they launched in September 2018. I bet if you order at the same time they would be closer if not the same color. Also my old one is crazy dirty and I still haven't cleaned it to compare, it might not actually be that bad.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered this 3/4 carat dark blue princess pendant, with the idea of resetting it into a kite set solitaire. The blue is not as saturated as I hoped, but it’s very pretty. The 1 carat stones were sold out.

54F52ABB-0A75-44F1-8C7C-D78AB71E98DB.jpeg 42FF0778-0467-440F-B111-0C5051D4515B.jpeg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! What style setting are you planning to set it into? Can't wait to see the final ring!!

If you are open to the lighter blue one, they have the 1.125ct one available!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! What style setting are you planning to set it into? Can't wait to see the final ring!!

If you are open to the lighter blue one, they have the 1.125ct one available!

Thank you! I haven’t decided yet, something relatively simple. I want a custom piece that’s handmade. I’m thinking mixed metal, maybe rose gold for the setting to contrast with the teal.

I thought about the larger blue one when I saw the 1.8 carat available, but I have a 2 stone pendant necklace with a white and blue diamond, and the blue diamond looks very light, almost grey to me. That’s why I didn’t pull the trigger on any of the lighter blue pieces in larger sizes.

6C2771B1-4BBA-441D-AF2B-7B3B012B97F7.jpeg

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I haven’t decided yet, something relatively simple. I want a custom piece that’s handmade. I’m thinking mixed metal, maybe rose gold for the setting to contrast with the teal.

I thought about the larger blue one when I saw the 1.8 carat available, but I have a 2 stone pendant necklace with a white and blue diamond, and the blue diamond looks very light, almost grey to me. That’s why I didn’t pull the trigger on any of the lighter blue pieces in larger sizes.

6C2771B1-4BBA-441D-AF2B-7B3B012B97F7.jpeg

Wow, yours looks sooo gray in this picture. I got the same one and I think it definitely looks blue in all lighting I've tried.

IMG_20191214_160748.jpg

IMG_20191214_100805.jpg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
You could always buy the light blue one, compare the 2 diamonds, and return the one you aren't going to keep!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I actually bought 2 of the pendants with the blue and white diamonds, the first one was returned. The blue is a little more vivid in pictures of the first one, but not as dark as I wanted. I either want a deep blue, teal shade like this princess or a darker blue with violet undertones. The baby blue is ok but just isn’t my jam. I hope LB marketing & development is paying attention.

7141B51C-64AE-4F62-B0A4-0F8D6007BFF4.jpeg C962E4C8-3FE2-48C0-BFAA-9587AFA8A98A.jpeg 7F7E54AC-AED8-4E07-987B-7B99B2F54112.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results