shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting Jewelry

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone
I am looking to reset some jewelry . I am not looking for expensive top of the line venders . Want an affordable vender who can do a decent job in claw prongs and smooth flowing design . Can you please recommend one ?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
look for stuller settings via a local jeweler, they have a lot of options and tend to be affordable. you can search their inventory online but may or may not be able to find pricing.

good luck!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
buldiva
Thanks , but my local jewelers are pretty expensive (only used them for resizing ) . That's why I was looking for online venders .

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gotcha. many people here have reported good experiences with David Klass in Los Angeles (affordable and customizable). i'm sure more people will be along with suggestions. good luck =)

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I konw these days everyone on PS is using DK ,but I don't know his prices . His work is perfect so he must be expensive !

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Try Jasmine Jade Boutique. She’s got a bench that’s really affordable IMO. She used to be a PS-er under a different name.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
If you buy a setting from James Allen, you can send your jewelry to them to have it reset. You'll have to specify how you want the old setting to be returned, I think they charge $100 for a setting fee. Best to confirm with their customer service via chat!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Actually what I have to reset is an art deco 3 stone ring that is inside a gallery . I want to reset it to a prong ring .

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, IMHO DK's pricing is very reasonable - it may be worthwhile to shoot him an email about the re-set project and your budget before you cross him off the list...

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Jasmine Jade Boutique. She’s got a bench that’s really affordable IMO. She used to be a PS-er under a different name.

i think david klass IS her bench

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you buy a setting from James Allen, you can send your jewelry to them to have it reset. You'll have to specify how you want the old setting to be returned, I think they charge $100 for a setting fee. Best to confirm with their customer service via chat!

btw they have a 25% sale on setting right now

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
David Warren at Jdsgemstacular is a very nice and affordable fellow. He could hook you up with a quality custom setting at a very good price.

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
Kris Kildow on Etsy; I have several custom colored stone rings from him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results