shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting Antique Diamond Engagement Ring

NYC10075

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing an antique diamond engagement ring at auction, but the ring size is very small. Does anyone have any recommendations of a jeweler local to the NYC area that would be able to reset the existing stones in a new setting? I've spoken with several jewelers, but most seem to require I purchase the stone from them for them to be willing to create the setting.

Any insights and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
dont tell them you brought it for this purpose
say its an old family ring

Alessia AG

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am considering purchasing an antique diamond engagement ring at auction, but the ring size is very small. Does anyone have any recommendations of a jeweler local to the NYC area that would be able to reset the existing stones in a new setting? I've spoken with several jewelers, but most seem to require I purchase the stone from them for them to be willing to create the setting.

**edited by moderator, trade members may not promote their own wares here**

Last edited by a moderator:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**edited by moderator, trade members may not promote their own wares here**

Looks like you are new to posting on PS, welcome. See that you’ve started a thread about your ring asking for likes. Please don’t fill up other threads with posts about your ring unless it relates to the theme of the thread.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

If you're just looking for a jeweler to plop the old stone into a new setting you already have, I like this guy:
20220222_135606.jpg

He's done a lot of repair work for me over the last year, and I've been very satisfied with his quality and prices. But if you're looking for someone to design or create a new ring for you, I don't think he's your man.

Alessia AG

Rough_Rock
Trade

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the theme of this thread not about resetting?

The OP is requesting information (“Does anyone have any recommendations of a jeweler local to the NYC area that would be able to reset the existing stones in a new setting?”). There are multiple “show me” type threads and you can create your own thread (which you did).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results