shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting a diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MeetMeTomorrow

Rough_Rock
Good evening all!!

I am incredibly new to this website and I know very VERY little about diamonds and anything relating to them. So, please excuse me if this sounds like a dumb question.

Is there a difference between a diamond in a stud earring and a diamond that goes into a ring?

The reason I ask is because I was handed down my mothers diamond earrings. I am not a big earring wearer and would like to have them put into a ring and I want to know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance for the help!!
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you choose so, there is nothing wrong with removing diamonds from earring and having them set in a ring. There's no reason why it cannot be done. Both are diamonds after all.
9.gif
That said, people usually choose diamonds that are not as colourless (lower coloured diamond) and not as eye clean for earrings because they are not scrutinized as intensely as a diamond set in a ring. That's not always the case but I just wanted to let you know that.

The only dumb question is the one not asked.
2.gif

And welcome to PS!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results