shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset My 2.28ct into WF''s Tiffany Repro

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 1:13:37 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I actually REALLY like it with your square EC band. My LEAST favorites are the larger EC band and your plain. I think b/c I just don''t like it when the WB is thicker than the e-ring.
Ditto. The petite shared prong is my third choice ... then probably the channel set rounds. I do agree that the Tiffany knife edge matching band will be killer!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 11:05:06 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
I have a Tiffany Etoile band in 18k yellow gold from Tiffany. I don''t have that pave version from WF. I know someone on here who did (Jaime...can''t remember her screen name at the moment).

However, the previous setting I had this diamond in was a wide setting. It was wider than the stone itself. While when I purchased it I loved it because it has a huge bling factor, it really did not highlight the center stone at all. The setting does a much better job doing that because it makes the diamond the star, without having to compete with anything else. It definitely looks bigger to me in this setting.

I''m not sure if that helps at all.

Oh my bad!! I just looked it up again and her screen name is marriahlyn and I got her confused with you! Sorry! What you said is very helpful though about the diamond being the star. Thanks!

a

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 11:32:41 PM
Author: angeline
Oh my bad!! I just looked it up again and her screen name is marriahlyn and I got her confused with you! Sorry! What you said is very helpful though about the diamond being the star. Thanks!

Yes! That''s her! I just think they are 2 complete different looks. Either you want the focus on the center stone, or you want to draw attention to the entire ring (which may be at the expense of highlighting the center stone). I don''t think either one is bad- it just depends on which look you want. I suppose after seeing all the beautiful rings here, I felt like my diamond was being "wasted" in its previous setting because it seemed to just get lost in it.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS! Your georgous stone looks SO much bigger in its new home! I LOVE the setting, too! I have the same one and LOVE LOVE it and LOVE Elaineh for making the changes and getting WF on board!!!!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
MA, the new setting makes the stone the star of the show like it well deserves!
36.gif

it looks fabulous in its new home!
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I like it with either the square cut band or the legacy band.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
After having it a week, I think I''ve worn it most with the square cut band and the plain Lucida band. AND, I must confess that I''m having WF make me a Tiffany style etoile platinum band. I know I needed another band like I need a hole in my head, but you know how it is about always wanting what you don''t have! So hopefully in about 2 weeks, I''ll have this to pair up with it as an option too!

etoilebandma.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooooooooooooooooooo I love that band :)

elaineh

Rough_Rock
MA, I love your flower pictures!!!
30.gif

suzi

Shiny_Rock
MaryAlaina, I LOVE your diamond in the new setting!
30.gif
But I am curious...what did you do with the old setting? I thought it was very pretty, too. Did you have something else set into it? If you did and have posted it, I must have missed it. I''m sorry if that''s the case, but I''ve been looking around for it on this thread and didn''t see anything.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the link for photos of the knife edge solitaire with the etoile band.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2007 9:31:18 AM
Author: MaryAlaina
Here is the link for photos of the knife edge solitaire with the etoile band.
I just LOVE all of your jewelry. I am really loving the bands that you have. I''m going to look at this thread again very soon just to review all the cool band styles you own.

The diamond looks just SMASHING!!!!! in it''s new setting. My most favorite setting for a RB diamond.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results