shape
carat
color
clarity

RESET...blingy setting to solitaire

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
First of all, thank you Pricescopers for the help/advice. I really appreciate those who offered their time to give suggestions.

I loved my old blingy setting and received tons of compliments on it but always felt it was more suited for a much larger stone or ideally a sapphire. I also felt that my diamond didn't get the attention it deserved and kind of got "lost" in the setting. I lost a few stones and my jeweler gave me the opportunity to start over. I don't think my new setting will get noticed like my old one, but I do feel it accomplished my goal of having my diamond stand out more. I also think it makes my diamond appear larger :wink2: I still wanted bling so I am pairing the solitaire with an eternity. After much debate, I chose an eternity with 12 point stones (larger than typically recommended here). I like the size and do not feel like my center stone is competing with my eternity.

My solitaire is 18K white gold. The diamond is 1.40 carat and G VS2. It is a Bluenile Canadian Signature Ideal. The eternity is 2.40 ctw made in platinum. It has 20 stones all 12 point G VS2/SI1. Both rings are a size 6.

I asked my jeweler for claw prongs and I feel that he did a terrific job :appl: I love how the prongs curve around and hug the diamond.

_11866.jpg

_11867.jpg

_11868.jpg

_11869.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful, I like the switch!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
It looks wonderful. And I agree, your diamond has more presence now!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the right call! I love that your beautiful diamond is the star in this setting.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you started a thread for this. What a transformation and an eternity band w/12-pointers is still beautifully blingy to me :naughty: !

It's a full eternity right? I saw your other thread where they accidently made it in platinum, but I think you'll like the platinum for a shared-prong full eternity. The weight and feel of it tend to give me a sense of security for the stones (a false sense of security maybe :sick: ), but one none the less.

ETA: I came back to add that I'm glad you went with your gut (and your eyes) and chose the size of stones that sang to you! Of course, if you ask PS for suggestions of sizes that will make your ering "pop", most will tell you (including me) to go with the thinner eternity band, but you're the one who's living with the rings every day and it really comes down to personal preference. I hope you'll post more pics for us to enjoy!!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Good move!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
The reset looks terrific!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Classic, and looks great on your finger!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!!!!! I love the reset!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous, I love it! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful reset! Your diamond really does pop now and take center stage. :love: I love the transformation and I also love your blingy 12 point eternity. Looks smashing with your reset. Wear in health and happiness. :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! What are you doing with the old setting?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the redo - it looks beautifully classic on your hand. Your stone is definitely the star now!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does work very well. I learn so much about setting and what goes with what just by looking at threads such as yours. :)) I think what makes it work so well - that is, the size of the eternity with the solitaire - is the width of the band on the solitaire. They appear well matched and have a modern, streamlined but blingy, sensibility to them. Yay!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Especially with the blingy band! And the band doesn't detract from your beautiful RB at all. Your set looks perfect! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love, love it! Classic & timeless!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. I hope you can find a gorgeous stone to go in the blingy setting. It would be awesome as well. A solitaire with an eternity is one of my absolute favorite looks. Your jeweler did a great job!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous reset! I love it as a solitaire. It looks great with the eternity. Seriously love it. :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love your new set!!!!! What a transformation! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great reset. Your beautiful diamond now gets the attention it deserves. Lovely :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love the new look, classic and beautiful! I really think you made the right choice on your eternity band. Looks great with your ering but also large enough to be worn alone. Love it :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous reset!!! Sometimes simpler really is better!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fabulous to me!

Mrs_A

Rough_Rock
Your new and your old settings were both gorgeous.

I hope you wear your new ring in happiness.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I love crazy bling, I actually like your new set TONS better than the old one. It's so classically beautiful - your diamond stands out, your gorgeous eternity stands out (and is a great size paired with the diamond, imo), and it just looks so elegant. But still blingy.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
There's something exciting about using the same diamond to create a completely different look. Your rings look lovely together.

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for the compliments! I had my old setting for just over a year and while it was beautiful, something just never sat right with me. I'm thankful my jeweler gave me the opportunity to start fresh...especially after having the ring for so long. The company that made the first ring graciously took the setting back. The reset was an even exchange.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful transformation! The diamond looks heaps better & much bigger alone! Fair play to the jeweler going above & beyond for you :appl:

I am hotly awaiting my pear re-set, changing from diamond channel set shoulders to a plain Tiffany Cathedral style, so this is good timing for me. Its beautiful!

hannah3622

Rough_Rock
Wow...I love you new setting..the stone looks more stunning alone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results