shape
carat
color
clarity

reselling engagement rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewOne

Rough_Rock
Help. I'm the new soon-to-be fiancee. Problem is, my significant other was engaged once before and it ended very painfully. He bought a beautiful, high quality diamond exceeding $12,000. Obviously, he's explained he needs to deal with one diamond investment before moving on to the next one. How can we get rid of this thing? He's proposed trading in the ring and getting a credit at the store, but I'm not a fan of that solution.

DiamondJoeQuimby

Rough_Rock
Why not trade it in? Seems foolish to me to not try to seek the most cost effective way to liquidate the old ring. Either way the money from that ring is going towards the new one... :shrug:

NewOne

Rough_Rock
Maybe it's bad of me... but considering how badly it ended, and what kind of a person she is... I'd rather not have my ring have anything to do with hers. Is this our only option?

DiamondJoeQuimby

Rough_Rock
Unless you want to, unfairly IMO, have him eat the $12k...yes. If this other woman truly is history, don't let it bother you.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/3/2002 3:02:48 PM

Maybe it's bad of me... but considering how badly it ended, and what kind of a person she is... I'd rather not have my ring have anything to do with hers. Is this our only option?
----------------

Probably the most prudent. She's gone - let the ring go & get the credit. Think of it as a return of something unwanted. I'm with Diamond joe on this one. Good luck ..and in marriage - flexiblity is a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results