shape
carat
color
clarity

Research pays off

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
After doing a lot of research on the internet and reading a ton of posts here, my efforts have finally paid off.

My new ring is a 2.19 Marquise, F, I1 diamond. I sacrificed clarity for color but the inclusions aren't eye-visible and I am very happy with my stone. The semi-mount I selected has 46 small round diamonds that cover 3-sides and a basket-type area under the prong mount.

I had trouble taking digital pictures so I resorted to the tried-and-true flat-bed scanner method so I could share my sparkly. Here goes:

newring.jpg
from the top
(the scan makes the diamond look like it is mounted crooked but it is just the angle from the scanner)

newringside.jpg
side view ( both sides are like this)
newringprofile.jpg
band profile

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
This purchase was an upgrade from my 1.02 radiant, H, SI1 diamond which was mounted in a custom-designed cathedral band with semi-bezel set sapphires that were .60 each.

ring1.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful!! Any chance of seeing it on your hand?

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
When the day is a bit sunnier or I can figure out how to take better ring pictures with my digital camera, I will post more pictures. Including at least one hand picture.

I can't quit looking at my ring and playing with the way the light reflects off/through the diamonds. I remember being fascinated with my old ring...but nothing like this. It must be because this one is colorless (F) as compared to the near-colorless (H).

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
ForteKitty,

I just wanted to say I love your new ring.
9.gif
Especially the mounting. I like the scroll-like design. If I would have seen that style I might have gotten that one, instead of mine.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, but I like your setting more! that diamond looks wonderfully cut... i don''t even see a hint of bowtie! and it must look HUGE!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

Yes, it does look huge. I was only looking to upgrade to maybe 1.25 - 1.5 carats but I got such an awesome deal on the 2.19 diamond that I couldn''t pass it up. I was a bit leary of the I1 clarity but after looking at it every way possibly in many types of lighting I decided that I couldn''t see most of the inclusions and the only one that I could barely see would be hidden by the prong.

The jeweler showed me a nice 1.47 G, SI1 which had a lot of fire but I could definitely see the color difference (and it looked so small compared to the one I chose). It was also quite a bit more expensive. I guess I must have an eye for color since I could always see the color in my H stone, which the jeweler though was a G.

WOW - that is a very pretty ring. Congrats on your wonderful find!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I am a MQ fan--beautiful ring, beautiful stone.
30.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is lovely! Congrats on the updgrade!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!
9.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
More pictures. I am slowly learning how to photograph jewelry.
emphoto.gif

eng1.jpg
holdring.jpg

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
And the requested hand shots (to the best of my photographic ability):

hand1.jpg
hand2.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Lovely hand shots.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. With all this gloom and snow I can''t get enough good light to show off the sparkle. To me, the hand shots don''t do justice to the beauty of my ring. The diamonds look cloudy in the hand shots, at least in my opinion.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely ring--I
emlove.gif
fancies too!

cheers--Sharon

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh....i think "FAT" marquis diamonds are so pretty! and your setting shows it off beautifully!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2005 2
6.gif
0:51 AM
Author: gingerBcookie
ooooh....i think ''FAT'' marquis diamonds are so pretty! and your setting shows it off beautifully!
Yes I agree, the length to width ratio in your stone makes is look especially stunning. Thanks for the hand pics, the ring looks beautiful on you. Great nails too!
36.gif

~kmom
35.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty! It looks fantastic on your hand. Nice job picking out a great stone and very sparkley setting.
36.gif
1.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I like the fatter marquise shape compared to the narrow skinnier ones. I know it detracts from the length a bit but I find it more visually appealing.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I am going for my independent appraisal tomorrow.
lens.gif
Here''s hoping I got a good deal.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I had a wonderful appraisal experience. For once the appraisal wasn''t overly inflated. My other appraisals, on other rings, have been close to 2 x the price I actually paid. I believe this one is actual replacement value as it was just a bit more than what I originally paid. I will post more about it in another thread since I did find my appraiser through the PS listings.

Now I have to find a Chubb agent to get the ring insured. Wish me luck...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results