shape
carat
color
clarity

Resale value of diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I need help! My mom wants me to sell her diamond from her wedding ring (she took the diamond out and put it in an earring). . .she lives in Austria and mailed the earring to me here in the States. What I want to do is keep the stone and send her money, but am not sure about how much the stone would go for.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on resale in pawn shops and also e-bay? It''s a .5 carat D VVS1 round brillant. It''s excellent cut, but I can''t give more info than that. Is there anyway to guess value from this info?

Thanks!

Michelle

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hello Michelle!

In order to sell such a high quality diamond, you'd better have a reputable report. EGL LA, GIA, AGS, HRD and IGI antwerp would be the best choices. But an EGL NY might be enough.
DON'T GO TO A PAWN SHOP! They won't give you a dime!! On eBay I'd expect to get anywhere from $1000.- to maybe 1850.- if it's really an excellent cut.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results