Requesting prayers for my home threatened by the Australian bush fires

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers! :((

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what to say... I'm so glad your home is safe mrs-b, and I am dumbfounded and heartbroken at all of the loss and destruction.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers for your lovely home and your community.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
To one and all -

@redwood66, @dk168, @bling_dream19, @AV_, @Polabowla, @JPie, @RayRay, @Vera W, @lissyflo, @missy, @Arcadian, @Gussie, @Alex T, @pearlsngems, @yssie, @Daisys and Diamonds, @luv2sparkle, @AGBF, @Bonfire, @Demon, @Calliecake, @MissGotRocks, @derbygal, @Redwoods-hiker-girl, and @Dancing Fire -

Thank you so much for your kind wishes, thoughts and prayers.

It rained.

It's not a lot, but it was enough to slow the progress of the fire and to allow the fire fighters to get the fire more under control. The heavy winds also didn't eventuate as dramatically as forecast, and this morning there was mist. MIST! How wonderful is that!

So we're extremely grateful this evening that things didn't turn out as we had feared.

On the other hand, of course, we are one happy result in the midst of hundreds of thousands of tragedies. We've been weeping for the destruction of our homeland, and most of all for its precious flora and fauna. How we will recover simply defeats comprehension.

For all those who have donated - thank you. For all the Aussies on this board - my heart and that of my husband are with you every minute of every day. For everyone who looked beyond their own lives to care - bless you. <3

Im so releaved for you Mrs B,. may you get some more - maybe days of misty drizzle
im watching the 6pm news
its the lead story again
One fire that has merged 4 times the size of London
It looks terrifying and the scenes after the fires are heart breaking

please Aussies, please just leave when the authorities ask you to
your life is more important than your house

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i am hopeful that your home will be spared from the fires... sending prayers to you and your best freind.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I'm so worried for you and your beautiful home. It pelted with rain here yesterday, and it actually hurts my heart that the rain is here and not further north where it's so desperately needed. Thinking of you.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so relieved to hear that your beautiful home is safe @mrs-b .
Prayers from Perth for rain and an end to these horrific fires that have caused so much heartache.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Sending positive thoughts through the universe to threatened communities and those affected.
@mrs-b, I’m so glad your area had much needed rain and pray that there will be more to come to alleviate the raging fires.

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Prayers, prayers and more prayers are being sent above and out into the universe for all of the people, animals, flora and fauna that have been so severely affected by this calamity. Your home is charming and I hope that it continues to be spared......as well as your friend’s home. The prayers will continue.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending my wishes to the universe that your beautiful home remains spared! I am devastated about what is happening in Australia.

On a more practical note, Mrs B do you think you should ask a mod to remove the photos of your home? I am in the field of information management and I worry for you that one day google will be able to find homes with only an image search. Just thinking of your interests! Hugs. So sorry about your homeland. :(

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What relief to you & your friend @mrs-b, how harrowing the last couple days of must of been for you as the fire approached! Prayers out to everyone affected by this tragedy. And what a gorgeous area!

Q

Queenie60

@mrs-b - The Power Of Prayer

You're in my thoughts and prayers - "may your home and the home of others be spared during these trying times" and may the light of the Lord shine down on you. Take care and God bless. Q

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Your families are in my prayers :( take care of yourselves.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad your home is O.K. Hopefully they can get the fire near it and so many other homes (it has been raining in various places) under control.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been running amok here in Texas, I am so sorry I haven't been up to date on anything Mrs B.. so happy to read you had rain and the fire isn't a threat now. You are marvelous! and wonderful lady and I don't often pray because it must be very special and I pray for you and Australia.. xoxoxo Kate

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b continued good thoughts being sent your way and being sent to all the people who are affected. I am relieved things seem to be improving and your home is safe and hoping the fires are well controlled now and everyone remains safe.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow @mrs-b , I have just gotten back from my trip and seen this. Glad to hear all has calmed down reasonably in the area though, our firemen do an absolutely amazing job out there

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I am worried that you haven't been back to this thread since Friday. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts, along with all of Australia (animals, landscape and people alike).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
glad to hear things are ok with your home, my prayers go out to all effected by the terrible fires

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mayk, @rainydaze, @whitewave, @Daisys and Diamonds, @gregchang35, @Dandi, @Sparkles88, @maita13, @Mcgregor, @pearaffair, @sarahb, @Queenie60, @MeowMeow, @arkieb1, @Tekate, @missy, @jordyonbass, @diamondringlover -

Thank you for all your kind words. The fire near us is still burning but is categorized as 'Being Controlled'. Previously 'Out of Control' - not yet 'Controlled'. It's 50,000 acres in area (imagine the size of roughly 200,000 average/generous sized suburban lots) and is still only about 1 mile from my little house as the crow flies.

Even so, this is WAY better than previously when it was out of control, and we hope favorable weather conditions will keep it calm and allow it to be controlled and, ultimately, extinguished.

My apologies for the slowness of my update. My friend is still here and we've been trying to get out and about to distract ourselves, so not much computer time.

We need rain. The fires are so hot and large, and Australia has been in continuous drought for 5 years now and the earth is SO dry, we need a BUNCH of rain over a protracted period before we'll see much effect. This is unlikely to happen until we get the next El Nina cycle in a few years. It's such a nightmare.

But for all the Australians on Pricescope who are grieving this tragedy - here's a poem we all studied in school and which speaks to every Australian's heart:

My Country

The love of field and coppice
Of green and shaded lanes,
Of ordered woods and gardens
Is running in your veins.
Strong love of grey-blue distance,
Brown streams and soft, dim skies
I know, but cannot share it,
My love is otherwise.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

The stark white ring-barked forests,
All tragic to the moon,
The sapphire-misted mountains,
The hot gold hush of noon,
Green tangle of the brushes
Where lithe lianas coil,
And orchids deck the tree-tops,
And ferns the warm dark soil.

Core of my heart, my country!
Her pitiless blue sky,
When, sick at heart, around us
We see the cattle die
But then the grey clouds gather,
And we can bless again
The drumming of an army,
The steady soaking rain.

Land of the rainbow gold,
For flood and fire and famine
She pays us back threefold.
Over the thirsty paddocks,
Watch, after many days,
The filmy veil of greenness
That thickens as we gaze.

An opal-hearted country,
A wilful, lavish land
All you who have not loved her,
You will not understand
Though earth holds many splendours,
Wherever I may die,
I know to what brown country
My homing thoughts will fly.

Dorothea Mackellar

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a lovely poem! Prayers are outgoing that your slice of paradise remains safe and that the entire country receives the critical rainfall needed to get the fire under control everywhere.

I’ve been trying to do my part by sewing pouches for the injured animals. I’ve cut up all extra sheets and some friends have given me their as well. I’ve made about 50 so far and will ship them to the SE hub here in the US to be sent over...it’s not much but it makes me feel less helpless. C0438E40-93C1-4D58-B665-F582984F10FA.jpeg 0112D44A-288F-449E-8AAF-F1643464E7A5.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely poem! Prayers are outgoing that your slice of paradise remains safe and that the entire country receives the critical rainfall needed to get the fire under control everywhere.

I’ve been trying to do my part by sewing pouches for the injured animals. I’ve cut up all extra sheets and some friends have given me their as well. I’ve made about 50 so far and will ship them to the SE hub here in the US to be sent over...it’s not much but it makes me feel less helpless. C0438E40-93C1-4D58-B665-F582984F10FA.jpeg 0112D44A-288F-449E-8AAF-F1643464E7A5.jpeg

You're an angel, @yennyfire. I always knew it. :))

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I'm glad that the status was upgraded and I'll continue to keep your home (and Australia) in my thoughts.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers and everything else crossed in hopes that your house is spared (same thoughts for everyone that are in fire range).

My heart aches when I think about all the devastation and all the animals and people that have been lost or hurt. :cry2:

Hoping that the fire(s) can be brought under control very soon.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart aches when I think about all the devastation and all the animals and people that have been lost or hurt. :cry2:

Hoping that the fire(s) can be brought under control very soon.

I hear you on this, @tyty333. My house seems to be safe now, but overall, things are pretty grim.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mayk, @rainydaze, @whitewave, @Daisys and Diamonds, @gregchang35, @Dandi, @Sparkles88, @maita13, @Mcgregor, @pearaffair, @sarahb, @Queenie60, @MeowMeow, @arkieb1, @Tekate, @missy, @jordyonbass, @diamondringlover -

Thank you for all your kind words. The fire near us is still burning but is categorized as 'Being Controlled'. Previously 'Out of Control' - not yet 'Controlled'. It's 50,000 acres in area (imagine the size of roughly 200,000 average/generous sized suburban lots) and is still only about 1 mile from my little house as the crow flies.

Even so, this is WAY better than previously when it was out of control, and we hope favorable weather conditions will keep it calm and allow it to be controlled and, ultimately, extinguished.

My apologies for the slowness of my update. My friend is still here and we've been trying to get out and about to distract ourselves, so not much computer time.

We need rain. The fires are so hot and large, and Australia has been in continuous drought for 5 years now and the earth is SO dry, we need a BUNCH of rain over a protracted period before we'll see much effect. This is unlikely to happen until we get the next El Nina cycle in a few years. It's such a nightmare.

But for all the Australians on Pricescope who are grieving this tragedy - here's a poem we all studied in school and which speaks to every Australian's heart:

My Country

The love of field and coppice
Of green and shaded lanes,
Of ordered woods and gardens
Is running in your veins.
Strong love of grey-blue distance,
Brown streams and soft, dim skies
I know, but cannot share it,
My love is otherwise.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

The stark white ring-barked forests,
All tragic to the moon,
The sapphire-misted mountains,
The hot gold hush of noon,
Green tangle of the brushes
Where lithe lianas coil,
And orchids deck the tree-tops,
And ferns the warm dark soil.

Her pitiless blue sky,
When, sick at heart, around us
We see the cattle die
But then the grey clouds gather,
And we can bless again
The drumming of an army,
The steady soaking rain.

Land of the rainbow gold,
For flood and fire and famine
She pays us back threefold.
Over the thirsty paddocks,
Watch, after many days,
The filmy veil of greenness
That thickens as we gaze.

An opal-hearted country,
A wilful, lavish land
All you who have not loved her,
You will not understand
Though earth holds many splendours,
Wherever I may die,
I know to what brown country
My homing thoughts will fly.

Dorothea Mackellar

Oh Mrs B that made me cry and im just a neighbour
It rained here yesterday all day and for the first time since before Christmas but we live in a town with a big river that flows straight into the sea so we don't have a shortage
If i could have blown those rain clouds across the ditch i would have

I look out my kitchen window watching the Lillypilly grow before out eyes and i think of all the Australian animals who would love our tree, its going to be a bumper crop for the birds this year

Love to you all Mrs B

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Good for you
Im sure every little furry life counts

someone here started a petition to introduce koalas into ﹰNZ - it has over 4000 well meaning signitures
its a not a very good idea as cute as it sounds, we have a major long term ecological disaster brought on my the introduced Australian bush tailed possom -
Lots of people here sewing and knitting/ crocheting pouches

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry I am just now seeing your post, @mrs-b, but I remember seeing pictures of your lovely house there and have thought of you as we followed the news of the fires. I do pray for the safety of your home as well as all the homes, people, and animals in the path of the fires. I am so glad your dear friend is there with you instead of having to evacuate!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the thread, but am so glad your home is ok. Continued prayers for all that have been/ are being affected.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results