shape
carat
color
clarity

Requesting community input on 2 stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Zoologico

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''m about to plunk down the money for a stone which I believe is worth it after checking out every piece of info available to me.

I believe to have narrowed it down to these 2 from niceice.com and dirtcheapdiamonds.com respectively:

Stone A)

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/ags0004184007/index.htm

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Excellent
Total Visual Performance 0.6 - Excellent - within TIC range

Right now it''s my top choice, my only concerns is light leakage I am detecting on the FireScope image.

Stone B)

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6859211

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.2 - Excellent - within TIC range

Was my original top choice, but the Holloway Cut Adviser gave it a VERY GOOD for spread, while stone A got EXCELLENT all across.

Thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the niceice diamond slightly better.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/26/2004 3:03:04 AM Zoologico wrote:

Was my original top choice, but the Holloway Cut Adviser gave it a VERY GOOD for spread, while stone A got EXCELLENT all across.
----------------

Zoological.....you may be discarding a beautiful diamond over something that is insignificant.

The HCA seldom gives EX in the spread category, so VG is an fantastic score. Also, the key on the HCA is the number score, not so much the EXs. Both get fantastic scores.

If the only reason you're hesitating on that diamond is the VG on spread, then I'd tell you no worries.

P.S. to Rhino: See what I mean? The MINUTE people start using quantitative devices, there is a tendency to discard stones that aren't perceived as "the absolute best". Deciding against a stone just because it doesn't score Ex across the board......bad practice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results