shape
carat
color
clarity

Request! Please post your bezels!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Persephone

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I am currently shopping around for the perfect e-ring...the only thing i know for sure is that i prefer a bezel or a ring with no prongs (i don,t like rings with a lot of height)

Can anyone help me? Show me what you''ve got!!!
2.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
I feel the same way. Maybe you want to check out a tension setting as well????
I was sure I didn''t want claws, but I didn''t want to encase my diamond in a full bezel (I love to look at it throught the side!) so I went with a half bezel. I am really glad I did. It feels safe:)

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
This thread has quite a few bezels:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-favorite-bezel-settings.17823/

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
So does this one:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-some-bezel-set-diamonds-gemstones.31188/

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favourite bezel in the whole world. I'm trying to post a picture for the first time in my life, so bear with me.

It is by Linda Penwarden (Toronto jewellery designer).

Linda Penwarden Toronto bezel.jpeg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is in white gold.

Edited to Add: I tried on this setting on the weekend and swooned.

Linda Penwarden Toronto bezel 2.jpeg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a favourite of many Canadians. It is from the Birks Blue collection (Birks is a high end Canadian jeweller). The little surprise stone is a sapphire.

Birks blue.jpeg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a smaller princess cut in a really lovely design. I don''t know who this one is by?

Princess cut brushed finish.jpeg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Daniela, I am loving that brushed white gold bezel beauty!!!!! OEC center right? I always thought I was a "step-cut only" girl but that pinwheel effect on OEC''s is just hypnotizing ... on KittenKat''s cotton candy halo too. OH MY!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know a lot about the older cuts, but I just thought that one was a run of the mill modern round? It might even be a cz for all I know, as she seems to use them sometimes in her display settings. Anyway, the effect is definitely beautiful!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Sholdt Design

They make some gorgeous bezel designs, very fluid.
Their work looks very fine as well, polish looks excellent.

Take a look.

Scintillating....

widget

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a filigree one I saved a while ago....

widget

y76.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool, Widget! Where''s that one from?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 12:58:07 PM
Author: ecf8503
Cool, Widget! Where's that one from?
I cropped it out of this picture on another bezel thread. Apparently she's a custom designer who does great stuff...but doesn't post most of her designs on the web...

untitleditr.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2005 9:40:07 AM
Author:Persephone

...the only thing i know for sure is that i prefer a bezel or a ring with no prongs (i don,t like rings with a lot of height)
Justwanted to remind of the lighter version of bezel settings which use a frame around the girdle to hold the stone and leave much of the pavilion in the open.

Like these:

13230b.JPG
13230d.JPG

....from Diamondsbylauren above and Estatediamndjewelry below:

Ring_2.02_Asscher.jpg

And the empty space around the pavilion leaves room for quite a bit of imagineation
2.gif

ring_1.37ct_4685.jpg

In a modern style, Etienne Perret does some wonderful bezel settings (see his website here).

I like bezels too, and have a reasonably long list of designers on my computer at home (not here, unfortunately).

Of what I can remember, Ron Davidson (LINK) makes some interesting bezels:

Bella%20Coola%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ringb300.jpg
Sudbury%20Tension%20Twist%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ring300.jpg

And these are made by Willian Richey

conerings.jpg

There allot more that can and has been done with the good old bezel idea. And prong settings can be very low too - as low as bezels, if height is what matters.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a great link, Val! Hope you don''t mind me adding this ring from the Ron Davidson site. I haven''t seen anything quite like it before.

Davidson Ottawa Style Ring.jpeg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Okay you made me do it. Here are my two bezel set rings again. The top one has straight bezels, the bottom one has round semi-bezels around each of the three stones. I love bezel settings!!!

suetwobezel.JPG

Persephone

Rough_Rock
Wow!
Had an internet glitch this afternoon and couldn''t get back on the board
20.gif

But now that i''m upo and running...i can''t believe this great responses! It''s so nice to see that there are so many options. I was feeling a bit discouraged for a while...

I was also wondering what you would think of a diamond put into something like a Cartier Tank??? I''m exploring ALL my "prong-less" options!!!

I''m also open to suggestions!

1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2005 6:34:39 PM
Author: Persephone

I was also wondering what you would think of a diamond put into something like a Cartier Tank?
Great! Hardly anything better, IMO
2.gif

There is one just like that on this site. The relevant design is called 'Sophia' (see below). Their version is signed, but thisis one of those designs that keep comming back since the beginning of time, so I would thin most jewelers can make you one following your precise prefferences.

This is something else...

YWSIHB.jpg
Inthb.jpg

A lighter interpretation looks like this:

lsingle.jpg
lsingleplat.jpg

cooldps.JPG

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Where''s Bagpus''s heart-stopping beauty?

Yoo-hoo, Bagpus! Post your bezel-set OEC, please!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 4:52:52 PM
Author: Sundial
Okay you made me do it. Here are my two bezel set rings again. The top one has straight bezels, the bottom one has round semi-bezels around each of the three stones. I love bezel settings!!!
Sundial, I love
30.gif
your rings. Their designs are so unique!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Why thank you DiaDiva! You have some pretty awesome jewels yourself.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my semi--bezel.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Elepri your ring is so pretty and sleek and sophisticated! I really like it.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. 1 ct OEC set in Ritani Endless Love.

oecritani.jpg

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sundial,
I love your ring too! Every time I see it, I start wondering what my ring would look like with sidestones.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my semi-bezel. I''m still not entirely happy with one side of the bezel, but may never get around to seeing if it can be fixed up. This is pretty much the Tiffany Etoile kind of style. The diamond is 1.22ct, just under 7mm diameter. The e-ring band is 5mm wide, the wedding band 4mm wide. I wear gloves all the time at work and am pretty clumsy with my hands, so I wanted something really low-set too. So far I still love my choice, and I like the little gap between the two rings too.
Good luck with the shopping!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Oops. Forgot the photos!

Ring collage.JPG

rfath

Shiny_Rock
since daniela asked... here''s my Etienne Perret halo setting... please excuse the dirty stone..

Sideagain.sized.jpg

MoreCloseUp.sized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results