carat
color
clarity

Request for kitty dust...

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1356571893|3340367 said:
I tink we need more pictures

What would you like more pics of? Tinks?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yes! want to see her coming out of her shell and letting her fur down and being sweet and realizing how much she lucked out. I don't know what's coming over me but it feels like we all went through this painful time with you and need more Tinks too. These last few weeks I've been scrutinizing my Murry's every move, every yawn, every scratch. I don't want to obsess, but I will.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1356572412|3340372 said:
She and Peanut are still having some stare-downs but no fur is flying, so I think it will be ok. She sleeps with us in bed every night and has been getting closer to becoming a snuggly buddy every day. :love:

Oh that's so awesome to hear! :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1356573043|3340376 said:
Yes! want to see her coming out of her shell and letting her fur down and being sweet and realizing how much she lucked out. I don't know what's coming over me but it feels like we all went through this painful time with you and need more Tinks too. These last few weeks I've been scrutinizing my Murry's every move, every yawn, every scratch. I don't want to obsess, but I will.

Ask...and ye shall receive! Here's a few

tinksbehindlamp.jpg

tinkscouch.jpg

tinksglamour.jpg

tinksstrech.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
One more :wink2:

tinkscouch2.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
She really is a little love bug! :love:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG she is gorgeous! :love:

Is that *the* leather couch? :bigsmile:

ETA: she is really tiny, right?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
She IS beautiful, isn't she? :love: :love:

That is, indeed, THE leather couch, which is covered in sheets and blankets at the moment - LOL!

She is very tiny...only 5.75 pounds .At least that's what they told us at the shelter. I haven't weighed her yet.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I love the way she pulls her big fluffy tail in front of her as a form of protection - it's my favorite thing!!! :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
She does look tiny.
I love the way she sits there with her tail dramatically spread before her.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Ha! We posted at the same time about her tail!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
we posted same thing same time!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the new pics. Very glad to see her settling in to your home and your heart.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1356574938|3340402 said:
thanks for the new pics. Very glad to see her settling in to your home and your heart.

Thank you. We are learning to love again...it's pretty easy with her. She is such a lover. I still miss EQ and always will, but it's nice to have some more love in the house. :love:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Lil Misfit|1355883440|3335222 said:
Thanks Jennifer! I picked up an arched cat scratcher with 2 different surfaces at Target tonight. Tinks is not interested. I even put catnip on it, like CJ suggested, and put her paws up on it. Not interested...sigh. Peanut, however, who normally has no interest in catnip was sniffing and eating the catnip. Go figure! LOL

Do they have a cat tree or trees already? My cats have always had them, and they enthusiastically use the verticals as their scratching posts. When they destroyed the carpeted posts, I wrapped them with sisal rope and they keep right on scratching. The height of the trees gives the cat furniture more status than the people furniture, and pretty much ended the scratching on people furniture.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
TC1987|1356617791|3340646 said:
Lil Misfit|1355883440|3335222 said:
Thanks Jennifer! I picked up an arched cat scratcher with 2 different surfaces at Target tonight. Tinks is not interested. I even put catnip on it, like CJ suggested, and put her paws up on it. Not interested...sigh. Peanut, however, who normally has no interest in catnip was sniffing and eating the catnip. Go figure! LOL

Do they have a cat tree or trees already? My cats have always had them, and they enthusiastically use the verticals as their scratching posts. When they destroyed the carpeted posts, I wrapped them with sisal rope and they keep right on scratching. The height of the trees gives the cat furniture more status than the people furniture, and pretty much ended the scratching on people furniture.

Not yet, but we plan to get at least one. We've never had a climber or a scratcher before, so it's never been an issue.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
I've just been catching up - my boy dog had surgery around the time you lost EQ so just saw that. I am so so sorry .

I was also happy to see the new pictures and how your heart is healing! Think is soooooo pretty! Love that set of last,pics! What a "glamor puss". Har har. :cheeky: love her adorable tail! Thank you for rescuing her!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
So...DH still hasn't committed to getting a kitty tree for Tinkies and was horrified last night to find that she had scratched up the arm of his leather chair! :nono: I've been keeping the leather couch/sectional covered because that's where she hangs out most of the time and I've never seen her on the chair so I didn't think it needed to be covered. Boy, was I wrong. However, even after that, DH still won't commit to a kitty condo. He doesn't like the idea of having "cat furniture" in his house. :rolleyes: So...we are going to try the Soft Paws tonight. Keep your fingers crossed that she lets me hold her long enough to apply them.

The jeweler is STILL working on the CAD for my pendant and says she should have something to show me by the end of this week or the beginning of this week. I will definitely come back and post it once I have it.

Tinks and Peanut are spending more time in the same room, but there's still no love there yet. I am hopeful, however.

And...our appointment to get our memorial tattoos for EQ :saint: is April 6th. Her birthday was April 20, so they should be mostly healed by then.

In other sad news...2 of my friends lost their pets within the last week as well :(( One cat and one dog. December was a terrible month for losing pets.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
So, um....yea....the soft claws application did not go well. At all. We managed to get one on her left paw and 4 on her right paw. When we got back to the left paw she got VERY protective of it, to the point where we think something may have happened to that paw in her past. It was pretty sad...she was meowing and whining and fighting and squirming away from us. We finally gave up. Sigh. We didn't want to ruin any trust we had gained from her by torturing her. We will probably try again tomorrow, but I'm not so sure it's going to work.

Wish us luck!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LM,

Sucks that your DH won't commit to a kitty condo...it would make life so much easier for you guys and for Tinks! But DH and I are the same way...even though I feel guilty not having one, not so much for the scratching, but for the high surfaces. There are some that are pretty stylish, but they don't have rug on them...

I would imagine getting the Soft Paws on would be pretty tricky for any cat...have you considered taking her in for the vet to do it? I used to take my cat to get his nails trimmed all the time - because just like Tinks he would squirm and scream like I was killing him. Totally worth the $12 for the vet to do it.

Look forward to seeing the CAD soon. Did you ever show us what your tattoo is going to look like or is that something you're going to decide along with the tattoo guy?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Hi CJ,

Not sure how much my vet would charge for it, but they are rather expensive, so I'm guessing more than $12. It's a thought, though, if we can't get it done tonight.

The memorial tattoo is going to be a black maneki neko (DH has all asian themed tattoos), right paw raised, with a smirk on it's face, bright gold eyes (like EQ) and a halo. The coin that the left paw will be holding will have her actual paw print that we received from the vet instead of a kanji. The reason for the smirk is that the maneki neko is supposed to be a "beckoning cat", and EQ would look approachable because she was so cute, but would lash out at you if you attempted to touch her. So, the smirk is her way of saying "Go on, I dare ya!" It was DH's idea. He's also going to have some smoke, lightening, and fire behind his. I haven't decided if I want to add all of those details, however. The artist hasn't drawn it up yet, so I won't have any pics until the day of the tattoo itself.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
The tattoo sounds perfect! :lol: I'm sorry to hear that the Softpaws application isn't going well. I know it's a simple thing that you're probably already doing, but I'll throw this out there anyhow. Does she get any treats? If so, have you tried keeping her distracted with them? DH and I double team Einstein. I cradle him in my lap and have the softpaws all set up with glue 5 at a time while DH slowly feeds E his favorite treats (Greenies). It might not work for all kitties, I admit ours is a little pudge! ::)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1357316547|3347196 said:
The tattoo sounds perfect! :lol: I'm sorry to hear that the Softpaws application isn't going well. I know it's a simple thing that you're probably already doing, but I'll throw this out there anyhow. Does she get any treats? If so, have you tried keeping her distracted with them? DH and I double team Einstein. I cradle him in my lap and have the softpaws all set up with glue 5 at a time while DH slowly feeds E his favorite treats (Greenies). It might not work for all kitties, I admit ours is a little pudge! ::)

Hi Tammy,
We did double team her and offered her treats, but she still squirmed and squealed like we were torturing her every time we touched her left paw. She doesn't really like being held, so that's part of the problem. She even managed to squirm her way out of a towel that we had wrapped around her. There's a reason my DH calls her "Slinky" instead of Tinkie! :lol:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, she sounds like a challenge! I hope you can get them on her, but in the meantime it's probably a more worthwhile investment of your time to research scratching options your DH might agree to! Even a little 2ft one with a heavy dose of catnip on it to entice her to go to town on THAT instead of the furniture, maybe? Good luck! ::)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
So, I finally got the CAD from the jeweler. Now I know why she keep telling me it was so "difficult" to do. She made an exact replica of the one in the picture I sent her, but with whiskers. I thought that she'd use a little bit of creative license, but she took me literally, apparently. :lol: I'm not disappointed, as I really like it, but I guess I'm just a little underwhelmed, since I already *knew* what this looked like, if that makes sense.

Anyway, here it is. I did ask about the collar, which will be made of diamonds, and she assured me that they would be there in the final piece.

catcad.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
So, it took 3.5 weeks, but I finally got Tinkies to sit on my lap. :appl: She sat there for a full hour before I finally had to get up and go to the bathroom. LOL I've tried to get her to come back, but so far, no luck. I'm very hopeful, though. I really miss having a lap kitteh... :love:

She sits with her paws crossed, which is the same thing Peanut does, so I'm thinking it's a Maine Coon thing...does anyone else have a cat that does this? It's very prevalent here in our house.

lapkitteh1.jpg

lapkitteh2.jpg

lapkittehcrossedpaws.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
And yes, that is my skull Snuggie! LOL DH got it for me for Christmas a few years ago and I love it!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
We managed to get one more Soft Claw on Tinks tonight. But, it wasn't without a fight. She seriously does not want us touching her left paw.

She's chilling on the couch with me now. You can see the couple of purple ones she has on in this pic :wink2:

_2873.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay she sat on your lap :appl:

It's so funny and cute that she has only a few soft paws on - love it. She will decide when you can put the rest on! :lol:

ETA: I know what you mean that you were hoping she'd use some creativity instead of copying it exact, especially after all that time. Looking forward to seeing the final piece, I really like it, it's simple, and so elegant and beautiful.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
We didn't attempt to put any more soft paws on her last night, but I think I'm going to give it a go tonight, when she's more relaxed and just chilling out. She's managed to keep the others on so far, so keep your fingers crossed! :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results