shape
carat
color
clarity

Request for DiamCalc Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BusManCan

Rough_Rock
Can somebody please help me with a DiamCalc Analysis on the following stone?

Diameter 7.95 - 8.01 - 4.77
Depth 59.8%
Table 56%
Girdle .9-1.4%
Culet 1%
Crown 33.9<, 14.6%
Pavillion 40.5<, 42.4%

Thanks so much for your help!

appl.gif

BusManCan

Rough_Rock
I'm also interested in finding out why this stone scores a 0.3 on HCA, but is a 2B on AGA DIY? Seems the dimensions for girdle, cr <, and pav % are just out of range.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Because the AGA cut grading chart has nothing to do with a critical optical analysis of the stone. It is based on what Dave thinks looks good and he is a very respected opinion but as far as I know there is no hard data to back up the reasoning behind the charts. I just happened to have scanned in a diamond with the EXACT crown angles, pavilion angles and table size that you are inquiring about. If it's ok with Leonid I'll post a link showing the actual results (not a simulated one). If not drop me an email and you may find interesting the final analysis of another .3 HCA stone I recently analysed that was an AGS "0" H&A stone with 40.5/33.9/56.

Rhino

BusManCan

Rough_Rock
Leonid - what do you think?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dave / AGA believes that there is a value on what the market expects, and he is right!
Until GIA do something to change what the market expects, radicals like me will have little impact.
Those individual buyers who want to bet on stones that are in the HCA sweet spots would not be unhappy though.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Rhino, if it possible, can you include the images and data into your post here?

With new HTML editor it should be pretty easy
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results