shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable Sapphire Sites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphire68

Rough_Rock
Hi there.

I feel like I''ve reached the end of the internet and still haven''t found exactly what I''m looking for. I''m interested in

· an Edwardian or Art Deco sapphire ring (would prefer antique to something contemporary)

· deep blue sapphire (vibrant and more cobalt) but not dark midnight or light blue color

· center stone should be a minimum of 5.5mm but no bigger than 8mm

- carat size is flexible but would prefer 1.25-2.5 ct

· cushion/asscher cut in a square or rectangle shape

· low profile (don''t like "obstructions")

· pave or micro pave diamonds (quality of diamonds less important than quality and size of sapphire)

· white gold

· like engraving, filligree and millegrain

· size 5 ring

I''m not a jewelery expert but know what I like and don''t like. I feel like I have reached the end of the internet several times over in terms of finding what I want. After a while, my brain has become mush from everything I''ve done searches on estate ring sites and specifically on sapphires but feel like I''m comign close to what I want but not quite there....or it is WAY out of my price range ($4000--4500 max)

Can you clarify somethign about sizing as well? It seems that finding a ring in a size 5 is a HUGE challenge. Some jewelers have said that if you go up or down more than one full size, you will affect the stability of the diamonds and that it would be best to just have somethign made in my size. Is this correct?

The sites I visit regularly are:

Natural Sapphire company
Fay Cullen
Topazery
Lang Antiques
Firenze
Bijoux Extraordinaire
Perry''s
Lussori
Lawrence Jeffrey Estate Jewelers

Any ideas? Am I looking in the right places? I''ve been doing searches under estate, antique and sapphires.

Thanks,
Sue

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Does it actually have to be antique... or just have an antique looking design? I was just wondering if you would consider looking into a custom made ring.

sapphire68

Rough_Rock
I''d prefer it to be antique but right now, I''m just looking to see if there are any sites that I have missed altogether where I should be checking.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Not sure this is exactly what you had in mind, but I love this ring, and it fits several (if not all) of your requirements. I posted this in another recent thread: Cross Jewelers Edwardian sapphire ring. My sapphire and diamond three-stone ring is from Cross Jewelers, which is a very reputable old brick-and-mortar jeweler in Maine. We live in CA, and did all the designing and buying over the phone, and it went without a hitch.

Can''t help with sizing, but as you can see, the diamonds don''t go all the way around, so it should be sizable down to a 5.

crossedward2.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I should add that Cross offers many antique style rings that made using the original dies (patterns), and they will set your own stones or source stones for you. You might want to check out their engagment ring selection: Cross prong styles.

sapphire68

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much. That is lovely and very much what I was looking for. I had not heard of Cross Jewelers.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
A couple other people here have experience with them too, and if you do a search a few threads will come up. I was in your situation last year, and nearly tore my hair out trying to find exactly what I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results