shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable retailers in the NYC Diamond District?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samara83

Rough_Rock
I have done my homework so I am ready to see what the diamond district in NY has to offer. Can anyone suggest some reputable retailers/venders? So far I''ve heard good things about Michael Jay and David S. ..any advice/tips would be great!

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
I''m currently having a diamond/WG necklace made by Peter Larouche (Larouche Diamonds, 578 5th Ave, [email protected]). VERY professional guy, good no-frills service. No-frills as in tell him exactly what you want, he''s not going to try to upsell you, but he seems to prefer to deal with people who have a clear idea of what they want. Let him know exactly what cut/clarity/color and also whether you''re looking for GIA-certified or AGS-certified or whatever details. The necklace isn''t done yet, but a lot of custom work was involved, and so far (after having chosen the main stone, viewed the wax models, etc) I am very pleased with his efficiency and professionalism. And VERY competitive pricing. No sales tax if item is shipped out of state (as with any vendor).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that many PS vendors are located there.

I think James Allen, Engagement Rings Direct, ID Jewelry, Excel, Union diamonds may all be there. Check their websites.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i would be very careful --the reputable diamond vendors are not street front. they are upstairs...

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely check out Firenze Jewels, ask for Kerri, Ron or Myles. They've helped me on numerous occasions and I got a great deal on both the setting and center stone. NO pressure whatsoever. James Allen is also a reputable jeweler, although I did not know they had an office located in the Diamond District?.. I have not heard of any of the other jewelers mentioned here so I can't say. Also, I'm not quite sure that going upstairs is the best idea..

PerRana

Rough_Rock
Trade
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results