shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable jewelers at International Gem Show?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tazgirl

Rough_Rock
I recently went to the International Gem Show and found three jewelers out of Los Angeles, CA which I am considering buying a loose princess cut diamond. They seemed to be fairly knowledgeable and offered GREAT prices.

Are the jewelers at these shows reputable?
Is there a website I can find out more info on these companies?
Has anyone heard of these jewelers?

Jewelers:
Petri Gems
Golden Gem Jewlery Co
State Gem Jewelry Inc.

Any suggestions or ideas?....Thanks a million.
:wavey:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't heard of them. Do they have brick and mortar stores in LA? You can ask for diamonds with GIA or AGS reports, Sarin reports, check out their return policies, get those in writing and use the services of an independent appraiser. Check for membership in trade organizations like JBT and BBB information.

You can compare their prices with ones on pricescope.com. Remember to compare stones with grading reports from the same labs, same color, clarity, close carat weight and, importantly, same cut grade.

Post full diamond information here and we'll help you. Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

tazgirl

Rough_Rock
Yes they do have brick and mortar stores in LA. At the Gem show I looked at a few stones and immediately asked for reports (which they had). I didn't look at the reports at the time but just wanted to see how they operated. I will definitely check BBB and get info on their return policies....all in writing of course. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results