shape
carat
color
clarity

Repurposing princess cut five stone band-please help me decide

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 1.5 ctw princess cut five stone band, that I know will not see much wear on my ring finger, since I received my 2.15 ctw round ACA five stone band. The princess cut stones are pretty enough that I am willing to spend a little to repurpose them into something else. I briefly considered another ring of some sort, for a different finger, but I'm not sure it would get enough wear to justify the cost to remake (current setting is too high and sharp to simply resize.) So now, I am trying to decide between a station bracelet, or a fringe style station necklace. If I go the necklace route, I think kite set would be more interesting. Does anyone out there have anything similar?
What do you think would be more "wearable?"

Also, feel free to offer a completely different idea if you have one. I would love to hear it! TIA

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I repurposed a 6-stone carré cut band that my mum gave to me, along with 2 slightly bigger loose stones from the same parcel that were reserved for stud earrings, into an ID-style bracelet.

I was not going to wear the band as a ring as I prefer to wear my 1.19ct EC that I bought myself for dressier events, and the band was unworn and unloved.

Here is pic of my bracelet, total carat weight was about 2.8ct.

idbracelet_01s-jpg.586330

If I had the Princess cut stones that you mentioned, I would probably set them in a crossover bangle bracelet similar to this:

1709154999281.png

Or a bar pendant like this with a thick metal surround:

1709155278376.png

I guess it depends what you are more likely to wear - I personally would lean towards something for my wrist than my neck nowadays.

DK :))

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I would normally say with only 5 stones to do the bracelet but those have enough size to make a nice necklace. Since the fringe style necessitates a drop effect, kite style would absolutely be my choice. Though I would also probably choose kite style for a bracelet too. I don’t think you can go wrong either way so choose whichever one you think you would wear more.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Kite set bangle!

I am thinking that if I do go the bracelet route, I may do a bangle. I have a couple of bangles that I wear for dress, but have a stack of chain bracelets that I wear 24/7. But @dk168 got me thinking, with that cross over bangle she posted, and I like that idea more than a station bracelet. Especially if it was a more fitted oval bangle.

And I still like the 5 stone station necklace idea, with the kite set stones dangling from a chain. I just have to figure out with one I will wear more.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking that if I do go the bracelet route, I may do a bangle. I have a couple of bangles that I wear for dress, but have a stack of chain bracelets that I wear 24/7. But @dk168 got me thinking, with that cross over bangle she posted, and I like that idea more than a station bracelet. Especially if it was a more fitted oval bangle.

And I still like the 5 stone station necklace idea, with the kite set stones dangling from a chain. I just have to figure out with one I will wear more.

Team Bangle Bracelet here!

DK :lol-2:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Also from experience, the stones will flip in a chain bracelet. Bangle all the way!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love bezel station necklaces so that gets my vote. Perhaps you could add in a few more to have it go all the way around?

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
Seems like your a practical person to consider the cost on potentially repurposing the stones. I know I've been in a similar situation and it wasn't until I got the cost that it helped me figure out next steps. Perhaps get pricing for the necklace vs the bangle since you have your ideas in place. Either option will be beautiful and have fun deciding!

One last idea might be a necklace bar that goes left to right (different direction than what DK suggested). I had a tennis bracelet that was too long and removed a few links to have a necklace to go with it. No issues flipping.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last idea might be a necklace bar that goes left to right (different direction than what DK suggested).

Like this (I would prefer channel set without the prongs in between myself):

1709751172755.png

DK :))

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I would totally do a DBTY bracelet or fringe necklace!
If you do a necklace I would consider the center stone set kite style and then the other 4 set square for some interest, or even alternating.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
team bangle here
i also love the idea of the kite setting
have lots of fun deciding and deffinatly take up Hubby's offer of a couple more diamonds
:lol:

chere

Shiny_Rock
I would totally do a DBTY bracelet or fringe necklace!
If you do a necklace I would consider the center stone set kite style and then the other 4 set square for some interest, or even alternating.

I saw this on James Allen

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this last night and it peaked my interest. DH did offer the suggestion already to add a few more stones to my original 5, so this might work...as long as it wouldn't flip.

https://julzgold.com/collections/di...tinum-850-1-carat-diamond-necklace-15-5-or-18

You know, I could kick myself for not taking a screen shot of this necklace. It has sold and now I can't even see the image of it. Did anyone here buy it? If so, pretty please, post a picture of it, so that I can have a reference if I go this route.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I saw this last night and it peaked my interest. DH did offer the suggestion already to add a few more stones to my original 5, so this might work...as long as it wouldn't flip.

https://julzgold.com/collections/di...tinum-850-1-carat-diamond-necklace-15-5-or-18

Recommend you buy a cheap CZ version to see how you feel about the flipping. My bezel set necklace has more diamonds than dbty which should make it weightier but it still flips. It bugs enough that it is on my re-set list. :(

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Recommend you buy a cheap CZ version to see how you feel about the flipping. My bezel set necklace has more diamonds than dbty which should make it weightier but it still flips. It bugs enough that it is on my re-set list. :(

That is why I liked the one I posted. It had a central diamond that had a hinge on each side. Then the side diamonds were at the ends of curved bars (kind of like a shooting star upside down) and those curved bars hinged together, two on each side of the center. I thought that maybe that design would minimize or eliminate flipping (if that is even possible.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results