shape
carat
color
clarity

Reproduction vendors

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Any recommendations for vendors of reproduction engagement rings? I know jewels by grace (too modern), Ivy&Rose (suspect quality), Leigh Jay Nacht (previous experience), CvB, David Klass.
Please let me know if you've purchased from them and how the quality is.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass has made many of my rings and I find the quality excellent.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass Jewelry and CvB are both good in my experience.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I have just the one piece from DK which I bought preloved from another PSer, and based on everything I had read here, mainly the substantial amount of praise, I assumed I'd receive the highest quality. And while the basket of the pendant is beautiful and the milgrain is fine and immaculate, there's a place on it which is not polished and a tiny piece of metal sticks out. Out of the 6 prongs, one is filed way too thin and one doesn't sit flush with the stone. The stone itself sits crooked in its basket because it was not set properly. The only thing saving it is it's a pendant which rests on a fairly safe place on the body. Were it a ring, I would not feel comfortable wearing it without having it repaired first.

This is just a word of caution - whoever you choose to work with, inspect what you receive carefully. Regardless of the name, they rarely work alone and if your particular order has been handled by someone less skilled at the bench, it might not be up to the usual standards.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one piece from Leigh Jay Nacht. At the time, they only did casts from true antique/vintage pieces, but believe they may do custom now. I am pleased with the quality. Have had two pieces from CVB (Elsa and Maria) and am pleased with the quality, communication was fine but know of others who felt communication was poor so that might be a concern. Two pieces from DK, both were fairly standard and I am pleased with the quality.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for a complete ring or someone to create a replica around a stone you already have?

M

maru8888777

I've seen some really beautiful reproduction rings from Inken at Enhoerning, too.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Are you looking for a complete ring or someone to create a replica around a stone you already have?

I'm mostly just trying to gauge my options at this time. As much as I love a clean solitaire on others, for myself, I tend towards more elaborate/ornate filigree and engraving.

Whitehouse brothers as well.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any recommendations for vendors of reproduction engagement rings? I know jewels by grace (too modern), Ivy&Rose (suspect quality), Leigh Jay Nacht (previous experience), CvB, David Klass.

Do you mean someone to copy an inspo photo or someone to make a ring that is faithful to a given period? If it's the latter, it totally depends upon the period, imo. Look at @yssie's Victorian opal ring in Colored Stones -- CvB did a sensational job with that.

But I'm not sure that translates to an equal facility with MCM or Deco, etc.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sako, CvB, and Erika Winters would be my go-to vendors for older styles, repro or just an “old world flair”.

In terms of working protocols - all have their quirks. I’ve bought from all multiple times and will happily buy from all again ❤️

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I have had good experiences with CVB and Single Stone. Hope to work with Erika Winters some day as her work looks amazing but I don't own anything yet.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
I have had several rings made by David Klass over the last 15 years and I have always had a great experience, and been more than pleased with the quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results