shape
carat
color
clarity

Reproduction CAD - DK

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning!
I'm hoping to get a bit of advice for a CAD that DK made for me in case I missed something.
Round 1: Initial CAD. The major change was thinning down the shank plus a couple minor design changes.

DK_1.jpg

The second round came yesterday:
I love the basket. I love the change to the shank/filigree, I'm just not 100% confident on the spade part. My wedding band is all milgrain and small beadset diamonds, so this ring will probably be a brushed finish.

DK 69277-QUAD-3.jpg

This is a replacement engagement ring (the original was stolen during a break in), so I'd love to get it right. Any suggestions to improve flow?

Hats off the the DK team for it being darn close to perfect in 2 rounds for such a complex design.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m no expert, but it looks great to me! I especially like the top down view, it has a feminine vintage feel to it.

So sorry your ring was stolen, I hope this puts a big positive spin on what was a negative experience.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love it. When you say spade part do you mean where the filigree ends? I think it looks good and would leave it as is, but if you are concerned you could have the filigree go further around the shank so that you don’t see the end when you are wearing it.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful to me. What band are you wearing with it? Perhaps the next consideration - how well they will fit together - as compared to how they fit before the theft (so sorry to hear about that!).

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful design. I also like the second CAD better. However, I noticed that in the first CAD, the shank to top of stone height was 5.2 mm.

Now that the ring has been slimmed down, the shank to top of stone is 5.5 mm. This may be the difference you see in the ”spade” shape in the basket. Because the ring width has been “debulked”, the head/basket height should also have been proportionately reduced. Instead it was actually enlarged. This might be what you’re seeing.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I also love it. When you say spade part do you mean where the filigree ends? I think it looks good and would leave it as is, but if you are concerned you could have the filigree go further around the shank so that you don’t see the end when you are wearing it.

Spade part that might be too elongated (in pink) and a dollop that needs to finish off the curl:
DK 69277-QUAD-3.jpg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I’m no expert, but it looks great to me! I especially like the top down view, it has a feminine vintage feel to it.

So sorry your ring was stolen, I hope this puts a big positive spin on what was a negative experience.
Thank you! My husband and I both wanted something fairly unique and both of us are fans of filigree, which has the feminine but structural feel.

It looks beautiful to me. What band are you wearing with it? Perhaps the next consideration - how well they will fit together - as compared to how they fit before the theft (so sorry to hear about that!).
Thank you! DK will be sending me a mold so that I can see the fit with the wedding band. I think the less severe shank taper will be a good fit for the wedding ring.

Beautiful design. I also like the second CAD better. However, I noticed that in the first CAD, the shank to top of stone height was 5.2 mm.

Now that the ring has been slimmed down, the shank to top of stone is 5.5 mm. This may be the difference you see in the ”spade” shape in the basket. Because the ring width has been “debulked”, the head/basket height should also have been proportionately reduced. Instead it was actually enlarged. This might be what you’re seeing.
I noticed the height increasing, but I think I actually like the basket design more with it more elongated. It is meant to mimic the shape of an ogee arch.

Thanks for all of your help and taking a critical look at the CADs! I appreciate all of the help.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! Can’t wait to see the real thing.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH WOW! Way better than the CAD or the wax! Holy cow! How long must we wait (i mean YOU, of course) to see it in real life?!?!?

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I did ask for a small modification, so I'm hoping it arrives this week.
OH WOW! Way better than the CAD or the wax! Holy cow! How long must we wait (i mean YOU, of course) to see it in real life?!?!?
I do agree, the profile looks much better. I wonder if part of the issue with the mold was the missing 90% of the stone.

Last edited:

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
adjust.jpg
Since I mentioned the minor change, I'm asking David to smoothen this right angle from facing the basket to the top of the shank.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
It arrived earlier this week, sorry for the slow update while I tried to take halfway decent pictures.
I'm thrilled with it and had an amazing experience with the DK team. I have a small smidge of regret that I didn't go for unplated WG, but only the tiniest bit. I do love that both the wedding ring and engagement ring are distinct and have a bit of their own styles.
My thanks to Gene at Precision Gem as well for his excellent cutting.
PXL_20210816_200608222.jpg PXL_20210817_190835515.jpg PXL_20210820_013057626.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so pretty and I absolutely love the band you paired it with!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and the cads and wax did it no justice! Where did you find your center stone? I also love the band pairing. Signature, and very unique.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
It’s so pretty and I absolutely love the band you paired it with!

Thank you! The band is a Bev K band which has had no maintenance done even though I wear it 24/7 unless I am exercising. I would not pause to recommend the company.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your set is glamorous! The ring is elegant, DK did an outstanding job :kiss2:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
An outstanding combination of the rings and their distinct, yet individual styles! Congratulations!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! The setting, stone, and wedding band are so pretty!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love everything about it!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful stone as well…what a glorious ring!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection. What a fantastic ring and the details down to the perfect pointy prongs are swoonworthy

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
#forthewin
Love everything about it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful! I love that wedding band too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results