shape
carat
color
clarity

repost-Not up to IGI certs

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by shakeyguy, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. shakeyguy
    Rough_Rock

by shakeyguy » Mar 15, 2002
    Getting a "The parameter is incorrect. " from netscape upon posting,trying IE.
    I reciently purchased a engagement ring from mall jeweler "Z****" and, after hearing some comments on it, had it checked by a certified gemoligist. She said the size, clarity, cut are all correct but that the color is "WAY OFF" yellowish. Obviously I am not happy. Before I confront them is their anything I can do to prevent it from becoming a "its her opinion" contest. She will be suppling me with new certs based on her inspection.
    Thank you
    Ken S:rolleyes:

2. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

by lawmax » Mar 15, 2002
    Hmmmm........

I'll start with the obvious, so please forgive me. What is Zales's return policy? Any chance of getting your money back?

3. shakeyguy
    Rough_Rock

by shakeyguy » Mar 15, 2002
    I will be talking to the manager on that tomorrow. The stated policy is "full price applied to upgrade" but what I want is not a upgrade but rather what I initally paid for. My next stone will not be from them unless they do some form of no cost upgrade/replacment on this that the gemoligist confirms as a better stone.
    P.S. Gemoligist also noted their platinum setting is also not marked platinum. HMmmmmmm :errrr:
    Ken

4. jamesd
    Shiny_Rock

by jamesd » Mar 19, 2002
    Maybe it's just a platinum color ring, not one made out of platinum...

but I suppose that would be illegal. I hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.