shape
carat
color
clarity

Replicating this solitaire setting

Weddingbeebeebee

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've been thinking about re-setting my 1ct round cut diamond, and I'm obsessed with this solitaire setting!

I've never seen a setting like this before. Does anyone know if this is a common design or if any jeweler would be able to replicate it?

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.41.36 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.41.41 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.41.29 am.png

Thanks,

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not common and I would only recommend it if you have an excellent/ideal cut diamond. David Klass can probably make it for you.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
That is a fairly simple make, but be aware that it will obstruct all the light entering your diamond from the side, which may change the way it looks when you look at it on your finger.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only will it obstruct light, it will be impossible to clean the pavilion. The band appears to be under 2 mm which is too thin.

I get why you like it, as it is sleek. I’m concerned it would diminish the size and appearance of your diamond.

But you could show it to David Klass and see what he or Amy thinks.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only will it obstruct light, it will be impossible to clean the pavilion. The band appears to be under 2 mm which is too thin.

I get why you like it, as it is sleek. I’m concerned it would diminish the size and appearance of your diamond.

I agree. I dont think the setting is practical or will work well IRL. Is it the sleekness that appeals to you, or the combo of bezel + prongs? Bc we can help you find a more practical setting with the features you like :)

Weddingbeebeebee

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs @whitewave

Thanks for your responses =)2

I'm not worried about this setting diminishing the size and appearance of the diamond, I'm not really into big and bling-y anyway. I like this because it's sleek and in a low setting that sits flush on the finger. It's just a cool design that I haven't seen before!

Can I ask what you mean by the setting being impractical?

Thanks again for your help here!

It’s a very sleek design, it’s pretty! But I do agree with the other posters that a sub 2mm band can be impractical (it can bend out of shape and get damaged much more quickly than a thicker shank. If you aren’t the type to take your ring off before doing anything remotely hard wearing (sleep, shower, gym, gardening, dishes, washing hands) then it may damage or break).

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Not exactly the same, but it reminds me of this setting from distinctive gem, which I absolutely *love*:

Someone here owns one of these (I'm afraid I can't remember who) and its beautiful. Pretty sure this setting is customisable if you wanted to add more prongs.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock

I don't think it will be impossible to clean the pavilion if the back is left open, which it usually is in these kinds of settings.

If the band is made 2mm, which would be a lot more practical, it will look a little more like the setting @Ladygrey posted, which is somewhat less delicate-looking, but might still work for what you want, OP?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not exactly the same, but it reminds me of this setting from distinctive gem, which I absolutely *love*:

Someone here owns one of these (I'm afraid I can't remember who) and its beautiful. Pretty sure this setting is customisable if you wanted to add more prongs.

This is much more practical IMHO. The band looks more sturdy, and I"m sure it can be made with an open bottom so that OP can clean the diamond.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it will be impossible to clean the pavilion if the back is left open, which it usually is in these kinds of settings.

If the band is made 2mm, which would be a lot more practical, it will look a little more like the setting @Ladygrey posted, which is somewhat less delicate-looking, but might still work for what you want, OP?

Well, she would probably need an ultrasonic, which she could use anyway.

David Klass is [email protected] and you can contact Jon at distinctive gem (take off the miligrain) and I’m not sure if he works with outside stones, but maybe also contact David at Diamonds by Lauren.

Get a quote from them and ask about dirt, pavilion, cleaning, and light performance with this setting, which I do very much like.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
image searching this says a 1 ct is nearly 12k which is laughable.
also a testament to good photos as this ring had the design features of a chintzy rhinestone ring.
this is why people are trying to suggest you get more acquainted with all of the different styles of settings.
if you love it - I would imagine most anyone can copy this as the design features are not particularly difficult.
get what you love but like- that band will get out of round so quick And that cup will not flatter a white diamond nor will it stay clean- get all full of gunk.

Weddingbeebeebee

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your insights and suggestions! It's all very helpful =)2

I still really like the design and would be willing to risk the band being under 2mm.

Does anyone know what price range I'd be looking at to have this made in platinum?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results