shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacement Screw Backs

mamajo

Rough_Rock
Can anyone guide me on where to buy some extra backs for my screw back posts from James Allen?
I did reach out to JA and they told me I would have to send my studs back in for this. (Why??) I just got them this week and I am not interested in sending them back in right now. I just need to know the size of the posts, right? They couldn’t tell me the mm.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can anyone guide me on where to buy some extra backs for my screw back posts from James Allen?
I did reach out to JA and they told me I would have to send my studs back in for this. (Why??) I just got them this week and I am not interested in sending them back in right now. I just need to know the size of the posts, right? They couldn’t tell me the mm.

@mamajo I would just go to your local jeweler to buy an extra pair.
Screw backs are notorious for unscrewing themselves. I know you just purchased your studs so you may not be ready to replace the posts...Guardian posts and push backs with a large back are safer. Be very careful when you are wearing them to make sure they are tight.

mamajo

Rough_Rock
Screw backs are notorious for unscrewing themselves. I know you just purchased your studs so you may not be ready to replace the posts...Guardian posts and push backs with a large back are safer. Be very careful when you are wearing them to make sure they are tight.

Thanks for your response! I’m actually going to send them back to JA and have them change out the setting. Their screw backs are killing my ears, which has never happened with screw backs before.. I am within my 30 days so it won’t cost anything. Thanks again!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

This makes me nervous
I have one pair of diamond studs with screw backs
Ive never worn screw backs before so ive never worn the studs

mamajo

Rough_Rock
This makes me nervous

I wouldn’t be nervous necessarily, just careful and make sure your earrings are insured. I had mine insured before I wore them outside of my home for first time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn’t be nervous necessarily, just careful and make sure your earrings are insured. I had mine insured before I wore them outside of my home for first time.

cough cough
(My earings came from the mall jewler) so not worth insuring outside of my house hold contents policy
Still i don't want to loose one as
earings are a pain - you don't seem to be able to just buy one replacement stud - (which is dumb because lots of blokes just have one piercing)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This makes me nervous

Don’t be nervous @Daisys and Diamonds..You should wear your studs...Just be careful with them to make sure they aren’t unscrewing themselves.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results