shape
carat
color
clarity

Repairable?

bergey

Rough_Rock
My wife seems to have banged her hand at work and it bent her engagement ring. We are going to be looking into what we need to do to either have it fixed or replaced. Can anyone tell me if it will be possible to repair this, if it is even a good idea to repair it (i.e. does it compromise the structure?) or are we best off replacing it? We purchased from Whiteflash, if it is repairable and an ok idea to have it repaired, is it best to have it done by the company it was bought from or could it be done by a local shop? 18k-white-gold-vatche-1532-charis-solitaire-engagement-ring-949x500x500_4.jpg 20160311_082733.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It could be done by a local shop if they are good, but for damage this traumatic, both to the ring and to your wife, I would think that peace of mind as well as knowing that it will be done right dictate returning it to WhiteFlash.

Wink

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Contact Whiteflash. They should be able to tell you what to do.
When was the ring bought? Is there some coverage waranty? Is the ring insured?
It can totally be repaired by a very skilled jeweler if you want to keep the ring as original as possible. Or you might have to just replace the head.
How in Hell your wife did this? I hope she did not get hurt in the process. What can of job does she have, 18 wheeler armwrestler? :naughty: She must have been devastated.
(And I thought I was hard on my rings!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't ever make a small claim like this on insurance. Call Whiteflash and arrange for them to send to Vatche for repair. Vatche replaced a head for me before when I upgraded to a larger diamond. There will be a repair cost, but they can make it as good as new! Definitely don't let anyone but Vatche touch it!

bergey

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice, I should have said, her hand is just fine. She has a pretty regular job but must have hit it just right, or I guess wrong... We will be getting in contact with whiteflash later I guess!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great choice!

Wink

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally - think I'd be considering switching to another setting, unless there's a good reason for the head being bent like that.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I did the same thing to my engagement ring a couple of months after I got married.
It was surprisingly easy.... :wall:
I was putting something on a perforated metal shelf at work, when the diamond got caught in one of the holes in the shelf. I hadn't noticed and when I pulled my hand back, my ring suddenly looked like yours. :errrr:
I had it repaired by the jeweller where I bought it. The price of the repair was rather minimal. This happened many years ago, and I've never had another problem with my setting.
Hope this helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results