carat
color
clarity

Repair Question

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey All,

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm in need of some advice. I purchased a ring in March, received it in April. Now, I've been wearing it and last week I noticed that I was missing a diamond. I was very upset, contacted the vendor, and mailed the ring back. Now, I received an invoice for repair, however I'm shocked as I fully expected this to be covered under warranty as 1. I haven't had the ring that long, 2. I have worn the ring daily and expected the ring to withstand normal wear 3. I choose the design because of its security and did not expect to loose diamonds after such a short time.

Now, can someone please (kindly, 'cause I'm really frustrated right now) explain why I should be required to pay the repair? I am prepared to pay for the shipping return, however right now I am regretting not going local. Now I'm not going to mention the vendor name because they have been excellent with communication so far. I'm just wanting a non-bias perspective 'cause I'm upset about this issue and may not see the other side. Please (kindly) shed some light.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Did you ask them if it was under warranty? What does the warranty state? Who is the vendor? I'd actually expect the vendor to pay shipping too.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good questions Central....off to check the warranty info....

Edit: Ok, so I found the warranty info on their site, and well it's quite vauge, and so I'm guessing I"m SOL. This angers me :angryfire: as I thought I had done all of my research. I am sad, but am hopeful that the company will respond in a satisfactory manner. I do not wish to state the vendor name as I have not had a chance to talk with the vendor, perhaps all will be resolved tomorrow when I talk with someone.

If it is not resolved, I can promise that my honey will NEVER buy online, despite me trying to believe the best in online vendors. This saddens me as I can go local, and actually priced the same ring locally and it was $75 more. I had other reasons for going online, not just price difference.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely inquire to whether this is covered under the warranty...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is too bad. I hope they take care of fixing it for you.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We'd all like to know what the warranty promises in written form to you as the buyer. Every vendor has their own twist in the wording. Most vendors will honor the intent and wording of their warranty, but sometimes you do have to push a bit. What does the warranty promise?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update to you all:

First, the warranty covers any issues w/in the first 30 days. Obviously I'm well past that. I talked with the rep today and I will say that I am very pleased with the outcome.

The ring is from Whiteflash. Now I know their reputation here is stellar and I have had excellent customer service with them. I talked today with Vera. She was VERY understanding over the issue. I am pleased with the outcome and again with their customer service.

I would post more but my eldest is getting glasses today and I need to head out. :D

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Cozystitches|1314232766|2998681 said:
Update to you all:

First, the warranty covers any issues w/in the first 30 days. Obviously I'm well past that. I talked with the rep today and I will say that I am very pleased with the outcome.

The ring is from Whiteflash. Now I know their reputation here is stellar and I have had excellent customer service with them. I talked today with Vera. She was VERY understanding over the issue. I am pleased with the outcome and again with their customer service.

I would post more but my eldest is getting glasses today and I need to head out. :D

well I am glad that it is getting fixed!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it is all working out for you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results