shape
carat
color
clarity

Remodel of a Lucida inspired ER & diamond wedder

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

I thought I would share the "final product" after all my questions posted in Rocky Talky. I started off with a Lucida style ring that my husband had made with a diamond I already had, but unfortunately the setting wore right through against my wedding band which was also diamond set. I then had the two remodelled into one ring which was horrible, and now after a lot of (soul) searching, and having seen a beautiful Lucida inspired design at a jewellers here in Melbourne, I''ve had it REMADE back into something like the original.

I''ve gone for white gold this time rather than rose gold, as I don''t have a large diamond and I thought the rose gold emphasised that a little. I could have gone for a thinner band which I think might have solved that problem, but I kept coming back to what he originally chose and what I regretted changing it from. So, here are a few pics ... I do have a couple of minor issues that need fixing so if something looks wrong feel free to say as it might be what I''m already wondering about! Thanks again,

finalengsideth1.jpg

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
the remodelled wedder, I am really loving this ...

jrfinalwedth.jpg

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
both together on their box

finalsetjr.jpg

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think they make a great set. The two designs work really well together.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
the e-ring front on (sitting slightly crooked in the box - sorry, it might look a bit lopsided)

finalsurpriseth.jpg

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Diamond Explorer, I don''t think I could have asked for better considering what I had to work with and without upgrading the centre stone ... one day maybe!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
loveloveloveit-----I love, love, love your new reset! It looks phenomenal with your wedding band!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
beechezz, thank you so much as I was SO worried about the whole thing. I can''t believe I''ve just done it effectively for the third time. It has taught me that using a jeweller with a good reputation and actually meeting the jeweller personally make a LOT of difference. thanks again.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
loveloveloveit----you are so right, the jeweller is the one who makes or breaks the outcome. I am so happy for you that you found a jeweller who does quality work, and who made this new e-ring to perfection! I love that you are now wearing what your hubby had originally chosen for you when you got engaged---I am a sentimental fool (what can I say?) lol.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree - I am even going to have the original rose gold made into a pendant ... a diamond studded one hopefully! Perhaps it''s just my way of getting another piece of jewellery, but I am a little sad my rings are no longer rose gold as my hubby''s wedder was matching in rose as well, but I do have a ring we had made when our son was born in rose so I figure if white ever goes out of fashion I can always switch it over.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, I love the surprise diamonds on your ering. V pretty set!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this is a beautiful set!!!!! i LOVE the lucida setting and i love the addition of your pretty little suprise stone - looks great with your band too!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
This is an amazing set! My friend has a very similar e-ring (minus the surprise diamond), and I''m always admiring it. The wedding ring is a very neat design as well. I think you did very well. As they say, third time''s the charm
2.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty set, I really like your wedding band. Congrats on your reset!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a great set!!
36.gif
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set! I am in Melbourne too - can I ask which jeweller you used? Its always good to have local recommendations!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful - nice set!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful--congrats!

cheers=Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set, congrats
36.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE your wedding ring!! Congrats!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Honey22, I ended up at Holloway Diamonds in Brighton. I was very surprised at how friendly and helpful they were. Not at all obnoxious which was what I might have expected for a jewellery store in that location. The jeweller, Chris, was really great and I felt he really gave me a bit of his time whereas other places I went I was always just dealing with a sales assistant and in many cases they didn''t even manufacture themselves - so much is outsourced. Another jewellers that I''m surprised I didn''t use, I went in about 6 times but they never took the time to sit down and work a design out. It''s kinda surprising! Anyway, in the long run it''s all okay.

Thanks to all others for your comments, it''s really nice to know I finally got something worthy of showing off. As you have all commented, I am superbly happy with the wedder, and that''s actually the one I just had to leave to him to work out and I really think he got it just right and especially that it should now stand the test of time. I hate taking it off.

Thanks

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:18:07 AM
Author: loveloveloveit
Hi Honey22, I ended up at Holloway Diamonds in Brighton. I was very surprised at how friendly and helpful they were. Not at all obnoxious which was what I might have expected for a jewellery store in that location. The jeweller, Chris, was really great and I felt he really gave me a bit of his time whereas other places I went I was always just dealing with a sales assistant and in many cases they didn''t even manufacture themselves - so much is outsourced. Another jewellers that I''m surprised I didn''t use, I went in about 6 times but they never took the time to sit down and work a design out. It''s kinda surprising! Anyway, in the long run it''s all okay.

Thanks to all others for your comments, it''s really nice to know I finally got something worthy of showing off. As you have all commented, I am superbly happy with the wedder, and that''s actually the one I just had to leave to him to work out and I really think he got it just right and especially that it should now stand the test of time. I hate taking it off.

Thanks
Excellent - that''s Gary''s store if you don''t know (invented HCA tool, Cut Nut). Fabulous place isn''t it! I have been to both stores a few times and just love it. I will have one of everything thanks...........
37.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your new set is just beautiful!! I especially love your wedder - very cool
30.gif
!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous set
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i love the surprise diamond too!
Beautiful ring!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so pretty!!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely set, and it makes it so much better when you love it so much. I am in Melb too and have been searching for quiet a while to find a jeweller who will listen to what you want and take the time to offer suggestions and work with you, it is great when you finally find one. Love the little surprise diamond, something a bit different. Enjoy!
35.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the top down shot!!!!!!!!! So pretty together. The surprise diamond seems to hide too much of the profile IMHO. Best of luck!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Yes Honey22, I quite agree, if only I had an open chequebook!!!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really nice, some hand shot would be lovely.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results