shape
carat
color
clarity

Remember our roots- why did ya join

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
How did you come across this community?
I actually don't remember exactly how I found PS. It's one of two things: I either googled "Why won't he propose?" or "antique vintage engagement rings" or something like that. I lurked for a little while (This was in the era of Reena's famous Leon Mege halo'd cushion) and finally joined in a bit later in November of 2004. I was one of the first "Ladies in Waiting" when we lobbied to have our own section on the forum, and not just a CRAZY-long thread in Diamond Hangout.

What made you join?
My then-boyfriend of eight-plus years was dragging his feet and obfuscating about our future, and had passed his self-imposed deadline of proposing by my thirtieth birthday. I'd gotten to be quite the diamond fan (though I didn't know anything about them at that time) and was looking both for information about rings and support for the helpless and destructive place I felt myself in.

What has kept you around?
The PEOPLE (way too many to name, who were a godsend to me!) and they eye candy. I'm still very sad that PM-ing was discontinued, though I understand it. But what it meant was that I had contact information for only a very few of the cool people I'd become "friends" with on here...and that's a shame. Totally understand why Irina and Leonid had to do it though, Absolutely! But I wish I still could drop a line to Erin or DecoD or Apple or....you get the idea.

I disappeared from PS for over two years. There were dozens of incredibly supportive people here through my whole limbo/separation/reunion/engagement saga. When the engagement ended rather abruptly (by me, but with total devastation, at the time) I just couldn't bear to be back on here--I actually felt very guilty about not checking in, but it was just too painful to come back on here. I re-emerged in December a few weeks before I started dating my AMAZING bf.....so I'm actually on the list again. I don't have as much time to spend here as I did (or MADE!) before, but I know I will stick around. I will need some serious PS input soon as we start to examine our custom options for a setting. (Yay.)

Great thread!!
36.gif

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
What a great thread!!

Well, I am very new to PS although I have been lurking around without a login for a while.
Mainly, I am looking to buy a new E-Ring. All of the advice offered here is very helpful - everyone''s candor and honesty is very much appreciated.

I first joined to seek advice in how to remind my husband that I would like a new E-ring:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-do-i-tell-my-husband-i-want-a-new-engagement-ring.113438/

This is still an open issue, but I know that once this bridge has been crossed, I will have fun shopping for my new ring with help from the diamond afficianados and setting experts here on PS! Brainstorming for something like this is going to be so helpful!

You are really a great group - and I''m happy to be a part of it now!
26.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I found this place...I think I was told about it by someone on another forum?

I joined as we couldn''t afford a ring right off the bat, and looking at everyone''s rings and happy stories made me feel good.

I wander in and out, as I am a member of a couple different forums (non-jewelry). I love how everyone has more taste and style than I do, and I realize I work harder on much needed health improvements when I am on here...and I adore all the wonderful stories behind the jewelry.

Now, I''m from an opposite forum experience...I find this a bit more detached than I am used to: the car forum people know where I live, where I work, met my parents, vacation with me...but with small, shiny, easy to steal objects, a bit more caution makes sense.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I replied to this a couple of days ago, but (bad Blueroses) hadn''t read through the whole thread.

This response from DecoDelighted killed me--and kind of summed it up:

Okay, I also was sucked head-first into the whole Octagonal Asscher Pave Halo vortex & couldn''t free myself. And then I got involved in people''s stories & progress & wanted to keep up ... also, pitch in when I could....

I have *missed* this place!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was searching the internet for information on diamonds. I found another forum but found it a little limiting, seemed more about vendors pushing their wares. Saw a post about this forum and checked it out. This forum had more of the information and photos that I was looking for. The vendors that post here post helpful information.

I knew that I was after more than just one diamond so I picked the name Stone Hunter. I stopped posting for a while but now I''m back and seriously looking at stones again. I love checking out all of your photos you folks are full of good taste and creativity.

Plus the folks IRL think I am a little jewelry crazy and only humor me so much. Here you understand.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
How did you come across this community? I googled symmetry in princess cut diamonds, and here we are!
What made you join? I wanted to comment on the lovely rings, and share my own jewelry.
What has kept you around? The awesome bling and people

mamong

Rough_Rock
I stumbled upon this site while searching for diamond price comparison and realized I knew nothing about diamond (all I knew was: it should be DEF flawless or VVS
20.gif
). Too shy to join, I''ve been a lurker for years and years. I like the RT forum, great place where you can learn a lot. So, I decided to join and hopefully could contribute.

PoKeMom

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 2:52:28 PM
Author: InLuv101
I never opened this thread until today; it has been interesting to read!

I found PS about 4 years ago. I was dating someone and wanted to get engaged/married but he wasn''t ready. I googled something along those lines and found the LIW board. I hung around for about 6 months and the realtionship I was in ended.

I met my DH a little while after that and shortly after we got engaged, I lurked alot on the BWW board. After we were married I joined to post some wedding pics.

I stayed around because everyone here is so gosh darn nice!! Everyone is helpful and there is just a wealth of information and so much support. I mostly hang out in the Family Forum and the Hangout. I love PS and am glad I found it!
36.gif

lol i came here cause i was trying to find out how long it takes to get an e-ring after it''s been picked out and ask.com led me to the LIWs. it''s not that i''m not necessarily a fan of sparklies, but i don''t wear much jewelry and as far as my ring goes i told him (much to his dismay) that i wanted to be completely surprised so it''s all his to pick. i was nice enough to remind him that something rather large would look a bit out of place on my small hands though
12.gif

i lurked for awhile and stuck around because my friends aren''t at the point in their relationship when they''re waiting for a ring or they''re getting married soon and it''s been wonderful to read others'' stories and know that there are other people out there who are in waiting mode

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I stumbled on in May. My husband and I had decided to upgrade my ering in September for my birthday. It was the longest 4 months of my life waiting. I kept myself busy and informed with this site. It left me addicted. Now I constantly want more rings, earings, pendants, diamonds.... but I love looking at everyone elses
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found PS when googling a synthetic that starts w/M. I wanted a different engagement ring, and as I was browsing and lurking, discovered a whole different world I had no clue existed..old diamonds and bezels and colored stone solitaires and hand made pieces. For someone who loves jewelry (especially rings), I still feel like I''ve hit the jackpot.

I finally joined b/c I knew I needed help figuring out what I wanted my new ring to be, and I wanted to be part of the community. The help has been a blessing to me!

I stay b/c I''m a bit obsessed and addicted now. I love seeing the ideas people come up w/for custom work and the excitement over an engagement. I like that everyone is so helpful and encouraging.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
great thread IWPO!

How did you come across this community?

back in 2003, i tried on a Ritani Endless Love ring and fell in love with the design. the ring was always in the back of my mind and in 2005, i Googled for some hand shots with the ring and stumbled my way here.

What made you join?

after my initial search, i found myself swooning over everyone''s gorgeous pics and i just lurked around. i would only stop by the site every once in awhile (mainly SMTR), and i hesitated to join since i thought you had to have some kind of sufficient jewelry to do so! anyway, i finally joined 4 years later since my BF got me an eternity ring that i wanted to show off.
9.gif
also because i finally found people (besides my mom) that shared my love and excitement for jewelry.

What has kept you around?

for many reasons, but mainly the people on here. everyone that i''ve met on here has been so knowledgeable, fantastic and welcoming. like Selkie mentioned earlier: "I like that they have allowed for the natural progression of topics to be discussed (i.e. engagement ring -> wedding -> buying houses -> having kids-> sharing problems and happy occasions)." this is the only forum site that i''m a member of and i''m proud of it!

mariel

Shiny_Rock
Totally new to the site and addicted already!

Found PS while searching for an LV messenger bag, realized what I''ve been missing out on so I joined. I love diamonds, it is my birthstone after all
30.gif
and I love seeing all the eye candy and hearing the awesome stories behind them all.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t remember how I found this forum, but I''ve known about it since 2002. I finally joined to comment on someone''s ring. I stick around because it is a nice escape from the gloom and doom of our economy.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 9:19:30 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
This is a good thread.

I actually found this place via kvetch. Cause they hate you guys. But personally, I find this forum WAY more appealing - no one is angry and picky and you actually have moderators. And no one tells me I''m stupid when I make a new thread, which got old REAL fast. In all actuality, this forum has far less of the annoyances most forums have, even with the amount of instigators that have shown up. I still prefer it over anyplace else.

Oh, and the sparkles sort of held my attention too
30.gif

That''s so funny, I was also lurking in indiebrides. But I actually found PS through a friend who is also jewelry obsessed. I''m trying to see if I can convert another friend. What is it that they say? Each one, reach one?

I stayed because I like looking at pretties, and I lurked mostly for a long time. This was better for my pocketbook. Then I became obsessed with colored stones. And people here are nice and mostly supportive and willing to answer all and any questions.
36.gif
Also I''m super appreciative of what I''ve learned here - things like, "bezels don''t have to block out light for well cut stones" and whatnot. So I try to give back where I can.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I had gone through a divorce and I gave my original e-ring back to my ex-husband b/c I didn't want anything he had given me or anything that reminded me of him. He made out well, hehe. I gave him the furniture, appliances, etc., and the admonition to get out and stay gone. (I'd been the breadwinner.) After that, I decided to buy myself a diamond ring, and I found Pricescope back in 2003 or 2004. I joined recently when I bought myself an upgrade. LIW, if you're tired of waiting for a diamond, just go buy your own, lol. I highly recommend it. FI can always get you a bigger one that tops it whenever he finally stops procrastinating. ;-D

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
For my 15th anniversary my husband said, "Okay, I think it''s time we get you your diamond ring" and said we should go to Shane Company over the weekend. At this point I hadn''t looked at anything but thought in my head I wanted a 3/4 carat oval set in a yellow gold band with channel set melee. So being the computer geek I am, and the fact I was sitting at the computer when he said the part about going over the weekend I typed in "shane company" on google and the first hit was them and the 2nd hit was "shane company bad" (it is now hit #4) and registered here right away and jumped right in. Needless to say I didn''t shop at shane co, I didn''t get an oval, I went way over 3/4 carat, and didn''t get yellow gold. Thanks PS!

bikes333

Rough_Rock
I literally just stumbled upon it while google searching for gem info.

I''m glad I''ve found this place. It looks like you guys have a ton of useful and honest information I can learn from!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure if I answered this already. I probably did and came up with an entirely different reason in the previous reply. Basically, I bought a pair of diamond studs from eBay and then became paranoid they were clarity enhanced, etc. Of course they weren''t, I''m just a constant worrier. From this site, I learned as much as I could about diamonds and eventually upgraded those studs. I learned that the pair I got were *excellent* quality as far as eBay goes, so I didn''t waste my money.
2.gif
Someday they''ll get reset into bezels or something. Still looking for thin settings.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
This place is so amazing. The educational awareness empowering consumers is awesome. It''s a real educational experience and lesson, the expertise and kindness of the expert crew blows me away. They take so much time and effort to instruct in the Rocky Talky forum, every single thread is fascinating. . I spend weekends watching diamond videos, with sound tracks no less!

But even more important, the kindness and civility of the people who post and make up this community is incredible. Most message boards are rampant with flamers, but here people are really supportive of this incredible passion. I spent days, weeks even going through the eye candy thread before joining.. This is a great resource and I am so thankful that it is here

ErikaFlute

Rough_Rock
Hi I''m still really new to this site but I do find myself logging in most days - even when I don''t have a question of my own. I suppose it''s the "quest" aspect that really excites me... the idea that somewhere out there, there is a perfect stone for me and you. And as a novice, I have learnt SO much about diamonds -- its so fun to learn new things. Plus, people seem genuinely willing and happy to help (even if my questions seem boring to the more experienced members). People from all over the world gather here, it''s amazing!

Hats off

36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results